• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If Animal Crossing was top down 2D instead of 3D, what kinds of activities would be cool?

ztc0611

Purrl Fanatic
Bells
Switch
0785-9409-1398
I've been thinking about this recently. Bug catching probably wouldn't work at all, fishing would need completely different mechanics, fossils likely wouldn't be as satisfying without the 3D models in the museum as a reward.... Ideas of what you would find fun as alternatives?

I think there are similar games to Animal Crossing out there that are top-down 2D and they probably do everything Animal Crossing does. 🤔 At this point, if Animal Crossing did a 2D game like that, I don't think it would be very novel or impressive, but they did release something close to that back in the Gamecube version. If you have a GameBoy Advance, you can access the island and then play a certain mode where you control a villager and catch bugs, fish and fruit. All in top-down 2D perspective. 💡 Look into that if you're not familiar with it, as that's pretty close to what it would be like if Animal Crossing were a top-down 2D game. 👍

Back