• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I have a quick question, please help me out!

yosugay

餅ガール
Bells
So I'm doing a villager trade and the adopter came to my town but cannot get the villager to move. The villager is in boxes and the adopter had only 8 people in their town and enough room to fit the new villager. Any idea on why this happens and how i can help them? I really want to help them get their dreamy ; A ;

Well I can think of one reason...
1. The adopter had that villager before, and unless they do the 16-villager cycle, they cannot move them in?

I'm pretty sure you can recruit villagers from other people's towns when they're in boxes.
And I don't think that the number of villagers matter...

1. Like kitsuneNikki said, they're had that villager before and didnt finish the 16 villager cycle to get that villager back.
2. The villager is being stubborn (?). Tell them to exit your town and enter again.~
3. A streetpass villager or voided villager has made a plot in their town without them knowing. If there is a streepass/ voided villager house plot in their town, they cannot adopt a villager for the mean time. ^.^

Hope this helps :) <3 x

Last edited:
Right, and since you have 8 villagers, the game will give you a 9th villager by itself.
I'm pretty sure that you can't get 2 villagers to move in at the same time as well...

yeah they time traveled and and someone moved in so then they had nine. they tried again and it still didnt work. it might be that they had them before but i didnt ask them that. i told them to try TTing someone out and then the day after their house is gone, adopt the villager and hopefully that will work since it always works for me. if it doesnt work maybe they have had them before...thanks for the replies! :)

Back