• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I finally got Animal Crossing for Gamecube

kwark

Bells
I'm going to drive into Animal Crossing for Gamecube. It is weird for me to play New Leaf as my first Animal Crossing game and backtrack all the way to the very first Animal Crossing game, in the west anyway.

It's going to be very different from what I'm used to, but I want to play them all, the main games. I have seen other people play it on YouTube, but now I want to experience it for myself. I can tell that obtaining bells is going to be a lot harder now.

Wish me luck!

the lack of motor control in game is going to drive you crazy. thats what i found when i made the switch from game cube to ds, it felt so smooth compared to the original. but i hope you enjoy being nook's human slave for a day. i love the game cube version i still have my town from like 8 years ago. LOL

Having played GCN sorta kinda first, really having played NL first, going into GCN for real, then getting WW and CF last, I know how you feel.

I've had my current town for years since it was originally started by my brother.

I started really playing GCN back in October of 2014, then I went on hiatus in March, came back in November, and now I still play it. I hope you enjoy it, it has lots of stuff the other games don't have.

What I found annoying so far is where the villagers are. Some are in front of their house, some walk several acres away, or one of them is inside an igloo. Which can be frustrating when you are running a errand for someone. Because in this game, you CAN'T save and re-load the game and expect the villagers to respawn in front of their home. A villager can be inside that igloo for HOURS on end and you can't fullfil the other villager's request, until the next day.

Last edited:
What I found annoying so far is where the villagers are. Some are in front of their house, some walk several acres away, or one of them is inside an igloo. Which can be frustrating when you are running a errand for someone. Because in this game, you CAN'T save and re-load the game and expect the villagers to respawn in front of their home. A villager can be inside that igloo for HOURS on end and you can't fullfil the other villager's request, until the next day.

they're supposed to be there the whole day. Unlike New Leaf, campers there were townies, and they spent the day in their fort.

Back