• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I dont see the point in having more than one player

I understand that it's not a *hard* concept. I personally don't see a point in it. I don't really use paths in my town so are space is perfectly fine with me & I don't need an extra set of golden tools because I have one & that's plenty for me.

I don't use too many qr's anymore but I still like to have multiple houses so I can design them in different themes. I just like so many sets of furniture that they wouldn't fit or belong together in one house. Otherwise yes it is a pain and I wish the mayor could just run multiple buildings without having to make new characters lol

For town theme. One character has a restaurant which is located by my cafe to enhance the area. One character will be a bath house and another a garden/temple.
More to be creative with and to enhance my town's overall experience with. More opportunity to use more furniture in the theme. Likewise helps for more pattern space.

My other town will probably utilize character houses for a hospital, school, restaurant that's not zen themed.

My mayor houses are always just designed to be their functional houses fitting whatever theme he town has (so main town has zen theme home, side town will be a modern style home).

Last edited:
I have four characters and use two of their homes more like pwp. Ones home is a leisure mall (clothes, hairdresser, toy shop) and the others is a more normal shopping centre, with a cafe, supermarket, and planned gardening shop, bookstore and maybe a gp... do they call them gps elsewhere? its basically a super small doctor office for minor visits for say an ear infection, or general prescriptions.

The the other two characters are the mayor, and another resident ^^

I like having multiple characters, it makes it feel more bustling

I actually don't enjoy dealing with more than one character either. Feldspar and Flint each have only one player, the mayor. But in Harbor, I'm trying to make a little seaside town, so I'm going to end up with all 4 player characters so that I can have a thrift shop, a farmer, a sailor, and an inn. It's going to be a little tedious!

I have four characters and use two of their homes more like pwp. Ones home is a leisure mall (clothes, hairdresser, toy shop) and the others is a more normal shopping centre, with a cafe, supermarket, and planned gardening shop, bookstore and maybe a gp... do they call them gps elsewhere? its basically a super small doctor office for minor visits for say an ear infection, or general prescriptions.

The the other two characters are the mayor, and another resident ^^

I like having multiple characters, it makes it feel more bustling

Where I live we call those walk-in clinics/urgent cares.

Last edited:
People make more than 1 character for a lot of different reasons, the main one as most people mentioned, being paths. Others use it for some space, getting more items, different themed houses and characters. Especially if you have a themed town, different characters that go with your theme is always common to see.

I mainly get one more character because I like having paths in my towns, but it's actually quite nice to see my villagers talk about the other character and bond with her c:

Mainly due to having more path slots, but also because of families (brothers and sisters, etc) and because of getting more storage space.

I don't have room for another player. I wish we didn't have to have ten villagers. More room for other things. I'd like two villagers MAX.

Last edited:
Back