• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How to start a youtube channel?

Fossildude747

Fossil Collector
Bells
Arcade Tokens
So, I've always wanted a minecraft youtube channel. I was going to do it as an adult when i got home from work, but i am worried i won't have the time.

So how much would a new computer for recording cost, a recording software, a good microphone and anything else cost? I plan to pay the money myself, so what's a quick way to get money as well, i could probably mow lawns in summer or shovel snow now.(idc if it takes a year or 2, i wanna feel acomplished and show my parents how much i want this)

And then there's the matter of convincing my parents to let me start it, my mom doesn't even like me watching youtube.

Plus, while it' fun, if i can keep the channel when i have a full time job, it could help with the budget, but i wouldn't quit my job for it, however if i were to get fired from the job i get, i could always use that as a source of money while trying to find a new job.

You need at least $1000 for a good gaming PC. Are you building it yourself? Check out PC Part Picker and they can help you out.
For recording software, you can use OBS or Xsplit. OBS is free and there's a free version of Xsplit available.
Here's a really good mic.
I don't know how old you are but until you get a job, don't buy anything. Ever. You probably get money for birthdays and holidays so save it up. I've saved $2700 in a few years because I rarely buy things.
It's extremely rare that you'll actually make any sort of decent income from this so don't look to do it as a job, but for fun.

You need at least $1000 for a good gaming PC. Are you building it yourself? Check out PC Part Picker and they can help you out.
For recording software, you can use OBS or Xsplit. OBS is free and there's a free version of Xsplit available.
Here's a really good mic.
I don't know how old you are but until you get a job, don't buy anything. Ever. You probably get money for birthdays and holidays so save it up. I've saved $2700 in a few years because I rarely buy things.
It's extremely rare that you'll actually make any sort of decent income from this so don't look to do it as a job, but for fun.

I'm a teen, i am pretty sure i can do chores for neighbors i know to make money. It would take long, yes, but still. Plus many times my parents see how much i want something and work hard for it, they give me some money to help.

Also I have no idea how to build a PC, i'd rather just buy one.

And yeah, i do want to do it for fun, it's just if i do get an income by being partnered with youtube or whatever that can help me in life.

Last edited:
Are you hot? Tbh, that's the REAL way to start a youtube channel. Attractiveness=people will want to watch you.

I hate to discourage you from that, but Minecraft is one of the most widely overused video games to produce YouTube Content, so yours might receive a lot less of views than you might be expecting otherwise. Unless you come up with something very interesting and less known things about the game that other YouTube Content creators haven't done yet or cover the latest news about it, that's about it. If you're struggling with Minecraft content, consider covering other video games you own and love that you can record.

If you can't wait to experiment with your YouTube Channel, start an experimental one while you're waiting for the proper equipment! You can practice yourself on recording your gameplay footage with just a mere camera and a basic video editing software. Even if you dispose one of the best equipment, it can still take a while for your channel to become popular enough to consider it as a source of revenues. And most importantly, make sure your videos are fun to watch!

minecraft?
just
u playing
on a server
???
or lets play??

no... do smth IN TER ES TING

I'll start off by saying that a Minecraft related channel would almost definitely not bring you many views, especially if you're thinking of making some cash from it and becoming popular (which by the sounds of it, these are your intentions). Minecraft has been out a long time, it's popular, the market is saturated and the only people who will succeed with Minecraft related content are either:
1) People who jumped on the bandwagon early before it was saturated.
2) Already popular channels that decide to start Minecraft related stuff.

- I suggest you don't stick to just Minecraft and keep this as one 'regular' thing you do as well as other things.
- As much as 'top 10' lists are overdone, they're fantastic clickbait videos so I would suggest thinking about some of those. Even the most 'anti mainstream' successful Youtubers rely on clickbait videos.
- I would overall suggest doing something 'unique'. This could be anything from an interesting and original concept (such as 'The Completionist' or 'Did You Know Gaming') or just being entertaining and funny (though this is something you can't be taught).

Now for starting a gaming related youtube channel...

- Get a good PC -
You're going to have to run the game you're playing, capture software and audio software at the same time so even if you're only playing something 'non demanding' like Minecraft, you're going to need something good.
If you're planning to have one be built for you then set aside about ?1000 and get a 'high range' one. Since this is the only expensive 'initial purchase', you may as well go all out and buy something you're not going to have to upgrade for a long time.

- Audio software -
Audacity. It's completely free and for something that's free, it's not bad. I used to use it before I could afford decent audio recording software.

- Microphone -
Go to your local music store and buy a reasonably priced vocal mic and a USB adapter. Just tell them what you want it for and they'll give you whatever they have in stock that's suitable. Anything between about ?10-?50. Any more and they're taking advantage of you and your lack of knowledge since you don't need anything more expensive than that. You're an unknown Youtuber, not Rooster Teeth.

- Video editing software -
I'm guessing you have Windows Movie Maker on your computer/laptop? Use that. It's literally more than good enough for the purpose of simply editing the videos and syncing the gameplay and commentary tracks.

- Youtube channel -
~ I suggest having a 'separate user' for your uploads. Give it a good name and don't use it as your 'casual' account for commenting on things. Youtubers like 'Trailer Drake' use their upload account as their 'commenting account' and it really doesn't do them any favors.
~ Get yourself a decent, simple and appealing profile picture and a decent cover photo.
~ It lets you write an 'about me' type thing. Just...Don't make it cringeworthy.
Again, this is all you need at first.

You're planning on making this somewhat successful. This is pretty obvious from what you've said, but this is literally all you need to start making videos. Get better stuff once you have actually attained some success.

Are you hot? Tbh, that's the REAL way to start a youtube channel. Attractiveness=people will want to watch you.

Not necessarily,
Have you heard of Cryoatic? He's never shown his face.

BUT he does have a voice like an angel riding a unicorn through a summertime meadow and a warm August eve.

why not hop on the band wagon that already carrys probably 5-50 million other aspiring youtubers wishing to make a career out of playing video games

to be a successful youtuber you have to have a decent voice, personality, be likeable and be entertaining (and by entertaining I mean being able to speak to yourself/anonymous audience for hours on end)

Last edited:
to be a successful youtuber you have to have a decent voice, personality, be likeable and be entertaining (and by entertaining I mean being able to speak to yourself/anonymous audience for hours on end)

You don't need to be likable, entertaining or have any sort of interesting voice or personality.

Just scream at all the spoopy games and have a cardiac arrest at all the spoopy jump scares, or play games that are "omg so rndumz!" whilst continuously reminding the audience that this game is "omg so rndumz!".

You don't need to be likable, entertaining or have any sort of interesting voice or personality.

Just scream at all the spoopy games and have a cardiac arrest at all the spoopy jump scares, or play games that are "omg so rndumz!" whilst continuously reminding the audience that this game is "omg so rndumz!".

And thus, pewdiepie was born.

Not necessarily,
Have you heard of Cryoatic? He's never shown his face.

BUT he does have a voice like an angel riding a unicorn through a summertime meadow and a warm August eve.

I guess that's how I pick my favorite youtubers. Good sense of humor is also important as well.

uh, yes you do

Back