How often do you use 3D?

When I first got my 3DS and ACNL I used it all of the time, but after about a week it just irritated my eyes so I don't use it anymore. ;_;​

Personally, because of my somewhat terrible eyesight, I will only use 3D momentarily when I want to see something 'pop out' in a game, whether it be Animal Crossing or any other series. I find the 3D to be brilliant of course, but I feel that 'normal' perception is far easier. Perhaps those with better eyesight can joy the 3D to a better reception than I, though, that is just my personal opinion. I am old school, and love to play without it lol It's easier and causes less strain on my eyes.

i use 3d when I feel like my eyes are being *****es and I want to torture them

hasn't happened yet but i'll let you know when

Last edited:
Tried it once. It was awful. It gave me a massive headache so I haven't used it since.

I turned it on once or twice when I first got it, just to see how it looked.

The 3D feature is something I don't really use that often since I usually move around a lot when I'm playing. I'll occasionally turn it on for cutscenes and whatnot, but since NL doesn't have any any of those (at least ones with a lot of stuff going on), I don't really have a reason to turn it on.

General consensus with me too. I never use it. Though the only times I do, it was turned on accidentally.

Honestly thought this was a thread for how often you use your 3DS, but I understand now xD

I almost NEVER use the 3D effect. I have never used it for New Leaf so far so I have no idea what it looks like. I used it a little playing Ocarina of Time because the areas were so beautiful I had to see what they looked like in 3D and I was impressed. I usually just turn off the 3D when I accidentally turn it on.

Almost never. It drains the battery to quickly and honestly kind of gives me a headache. Does this happen to anyone else when they play in 3D?

The 3D is a nice feature. I usually don't ever get headaches or anything. I don't use it during the day since it doesn't look that good compared to the colors and tones at night. Switching the 3D on and wearing good headphones is a totally different, but amazing experience when playing New Leaf. Off topic, the way Kazumi Totaka produced the music shows that it's meant to be listened to with headphones; even the hourly tunes most find boring become quite enticing and enjoyable.

Last edited:
I use it sometimes and it doesn't really bother me. I turn it on when I get bored and when I wonder what the game looks like in 3D atm.

Actually, I use the 3D a lot for this game compared to my other ones. But even then, it isn't very often...

The only time I ever use the 3D feature in ACNL is when I visit Katrina, haha. Otherwise, it doesn't appeal to me/only serves to strain my eyes.

Back