How Fast A Villager Moves - What Is It Based On?

Zanessa

ZanessaGaily>Zanessa
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
Pavé
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Dark Easter Egg
Candy Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
I was in school kinda wondering why it was easier to get rid of Jay the Jock than it was to get rid of Hippeux the Smug and a thought hit me, maybe it's personality?

So I'm going to do an experiment. I'll need all the help I can get.

Jay was easy to move out. He's a jock. Lionel and Hippeux were/are hard to get rid of. Why is this? Maybe it's because of personality?

So let's talk about that.

Is it harder to move a smug out than it is to move a jock or a lazy?
Is it harder to move an uchi out than it is to move a snooty or a peppy?

Experiment time!

First, I need to know if personality has anything to do with moving. If not, I'll get this thread closed because yeah. XD
If personality takes any part, then here's the experiment!

1. Have a villager you want to move out? Take notes on things like when they moved in, what personality type they are.. y'know.. Important things we need to note.
2. Mark when they ask to move out. How many days/weeks later? Did you/do you TT? How many days did you TT? Did you TT day by day or did you go a week ahead?
3. Have you moved anyone else out? How long did that take? Longer or shorter?
4. Mark down what was easier for you.

Thanks everyone! :D

I don't think personality has anything to do with it. (I could be wrong though).
In my cycle town it took FOREVER for Peanut to ask to move. Chrissy asked to move out a few days after she moved in. Same with Naomi and Francine. (Naomi taking forever, Francine taking no time at all.)

Note: This is by the 2 days forward, 2 days backward method.

In my main town I'd been trying to give Eunice the boot for a long time (literally an in-game year). Every time I tried to TT her out, Merengue would always ask to move. Eunice had been there for months, Merengue had been there for less than a week. :/

Note: This is using the 2 days forward, 2 days backward method and the day by day method.

Last edited:
my uchi (tammy) asks to move out all the time. so does lionel.
dont think personality has to do with it

i mostly believe on how you do it.
ignoring them after hitting them with a net is not a good way.
if you go down the ladder, befriending them is much faster.

also depends on which method you use
i dont use the tt 2 days and then tt 2 days back. you can have villagers move out that way. (i use bamdom's guide)

so yeah theres a lot of reasons that tie in maybe? idk

Hmm.. if personality has nothing to do with it, why is it harder to get some to leave more than others?

Back