• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

how do you feel about bugs?

understandable. oh nice why alot of ecology if you don't mind me asking?
well I love science and knew I wanted to study biology, I just was unsure if within that I wanted to study ecology or medical bio/microbiology, so I took classes in both categories until I knew which one I wanted to focus on (ended up being the latter).

i have nothing against those who kill them and i have more than once killed one by accident or it was what i had to do. tis just life. i respect your decision. it sucks that some places miss out on some bugs but then that would kill the earth so it's kinda good lolz. cuz i think it'd be nice to have butterflies everywhere of all kinds they are like tiny flying paintings. do you have a favorite beauty bug you enjoy? or any type of buy you might not have in your area that peaks your interest?

Thank you. And yeah I get all kinda of absurd attacks because I'm actually afraid of bugs and most creep me out. like yeah i don't go kill clowns or human or pets they are different beings smh.

But yeah I definitely like pretty butterflies, bumblebees... Also pill bugs, and moths as long as they are stuffed specimen they have a certain beauty. Also larger pet tarantulas are cute.

Last edited:
oh no that just sounds horrid =( i'm so sorry that happened. how did you get over your fear? i eased mine by watching videos and reading information....also lucas the spider kinda helped too...darn the cuteness.

umm i just grew out of it i guess lol. i always had some weird fascination with all bugs but still hated most of them. being around them a lot whether it was in the house or outside just got me used to them, i can still never touch them though i will always get someone to get them out the house

- - - Post Merge - - -

also the buzzing they make when they get to ur ear it just makes me recoil. i used to watch those utube channels of people destroying hornet nets but the buzzing would just freak me out and one video a hornet just slammed itself on the camera and it made me jump it was too much

Every time someone talks about creepy bugs I think of this video:

But seriously, I think bugs are cool and all but when they fly, they scare me. Especially beetles; around May-July we get these little brown beetles all around our house and they s c a r e me so much! But I'm okay with many bugs, as long as they don't bite me. I'm particularly fascinated with different types of Rhino Beetles; the one in the video above is a Hercules Beetle. I would love to try to hold one someday but I think that if it started to fly I would go into fight-or-flight mode and try to kill it lol whoops

I'm absolutely terrified of wasps, yellowjackets, and hornets. They can be really aggressive, so I always try to avoid a confrontation with them. I like bees though, honeybees are especially really cute and they usually mind their own business :blush:

I hate bugs. We have a billion spiders in our yard for some reason. One exception is cicadas. My family used to catch them and let them shed their skin safely in our house then we let them go free. I really like to watch them molt and their nose is so cute. I always kill mosquitos when they bite me tho sorry mosquito

Bugs are one of my three fears in life, so yeah... don’t really do well around them.

i love them all except for roaches, carpet beetles, and fleas. stag beetles and other large bugs like them are my favorites

My friend studies entomology and he says that each bug is important, even roaches and carpet beetles you mentioned! Though I don't like them as well and rather prefer to read roach control tips instead of having these bugs at my kitchen ... I doubt somebody loves these actually maybe except entomologists...

Last edited:
Lots of bugs make me uncomfortable if they catch me off-guard, but the only ones that really scare me are spiders. I freeze up and cant move when I see them in the house, but if it's outside I just speed-walk away lmao

Bugs are fine until they climb on me or bite me. Except for dragonflies. I loooove having them on me!!

Spiders are disgusting though.

Bugs are cool. Most of them I like to admire from a distance (outside of my house) but I really love honey bees, fireflies, dragonflies, leafhoppers, and jewel beetles. Myriapods and some insects freak me out but I think they're important and should live so if I see something I don't like indoors I try to catch and release it outside. I agree about mosquitoes, though, and think they tend to do much more harm than good. I still feel kinda bad about killing them but I think the world would be fine without them.

i don't like bugs for like 100 reasons but i especially don't like spiders or ladybugs or beetles

As a kid, I loved to go outside, lift my mom's flower pots up and look at all the creepy crawlies. I watched all the nature shows of them.

But then when I moved, I encountered the true terror; centipedes. I'm talking foot long, tap dancing, red menace hauling ass. No thank you.

That's my nightmare to see one in the house. Animal Crossing seems to love to make them detailed as possible and my heart stops every time one springs from a rock.

I will destroy them.

Other than the 200 leg club, I like most bugs.

Yeah, I'm an arachnophobe myself... I respect what spiders do for us, but I still scream bloody murder if they come near me.

I do like certain bugs (ie. Butterflies, moths, ladybugs, caterpillars, bees, etc.), and usually don't mind if they decide to check me out.
Mostly, I'm an "If you don't bother me, I won't bother you," person towards bugs. But I have a few exceptions to this "no conflict" rule:

If it's flying around my head, I will flip out.
If it's crawling on me, I practically do the macarena on max speed to remove it.
If it's a mosquito, I turn into the Terminator and get the fly swatter.
If it's a Spider, I shriek and can levitate for about five seconds before fleeing.
And if it's a god-awful wasp or hornet, it's time to GTFO and hide somewhere they can't reach me. And call an exterminator if I know where the nest is.
Post automatically merged:

I really want to hold a chilean rose, or a mexican red knee tarantula. Though I'm not a fan of spiders in general, those tarantulas are as big as mice, and I used to breed mice and rats.

Holding a tarantula is on my bucket list. :)
I think they look cuddly.

My mother said it felt like a kitten pawing at her hands. They gave her a sticker for holding Rosie the Tarantula, as she was as scared of spiders then as I am now (that was in 2008, I think, I can't remember) .

My aunt, after her trip to Thailand in 2018, says that tarantulas apparently taste like soft-shelled crab. Not sure I really wanna test that, so I'll just take her word for it.

They're such nice little guys tbh. Apart from mosquitoes and big leggy spiders, I find it so difficult to grasp that someone would just... not want them around? Ah I dunno. Maybe some people dislike them because they're so unlike humans. 'S probably why from the 50's onward bug themed horror monsters were a thing. But like my man they're so cute. Have you seen a praying mantis move around? What a nice little fela.

Most bugs are alright I just hate bees, wasps and mosquitoes. The buzzing sound makes me so anxious. If we are counting spiders as bugs then I hate them too.

I have a huge phobia of wasps. I just can't with them, they freak me out too much.

Since I live in New Zealand we don't really get many scary bugs like huge beetles or something, so I'm not terrified of them. I don't kill bugs I will usually just try and lead them out and I will open the window for flies. A roach did jump on me once though without me knowing and it scared me so much so I guess I have a little bit of a roach phobia. I also really like spiders, not massive tarantulas, but I think some of the smaller, harmless ones are quite cute.

I love bugs! Our opinions are pretty much the same minus the spider part LOL. I'll kill any mosquito or roach but I mostly love all insects! I actually took an entomology class in college (which I highly recommend if you're able!) and it was awesome! The final project was to catch ten insects and preserve them and display them. I felt so sad for killing all of the bugs I had to catch but the result was well worth it! It's so satisfying to see a bug you caught with it's wings spread on on display! I would make it a hobby but apparently dead bugs a kinda difficult to maintain. Beetles and other small critters tend to sneak into the display and eat the bugs. It's sad!
My fav bug has to be potato bugs (or roly polys as many people call them) They aren't technally a bug though! They're an isopod!
Post automatically merged:

I love bugs, my favorites being praying mantises and bumblebees. The only varieties I don't care for are spiders, earwigs, and centipedes, though I won't kill any of them and prefer to just take them outside!

I agree with you re: mosquitoes though. Those aren't bugs; those are just whining disease factories that can stay FAR away from me unless they like being unapologetically swatted.
Earwigs definitely scare me!

Back