How do you eat fries?

I don't put anything on my fries.
Unless they come in a bag frozen for at home, then I may put some salt on them if I'm not eating something else with it that has salt on it.
But fries from a restaurant/fastfood are way better and they usually have some sort of seasoning on them already or they taste saltier than at home stuff.

I love to eat it with cheese. Sometimes with bacon or chili or just plain cheese. I prefer it to be chewy than crusty/crunchy.

I'm probably addicted to potatoes if that can be a thing, especially fries and hashbrowns. I prefer curly fries and seasoned fries. I usually always have a little salt. I adore cheese fries. For dips, the classic Ketchup is great, but I'm down to dip them in anything good (ranch, yum-yum, the tartar sauce on a McDonald's fish sandwich...). I also really like sweet potato fries!

The only "weird" thing I do is that I like to eat one thing at a time. So if I eat fries with a meal, I usually eat the fries first then the entrée. I guess I just like to appreciate one flavor at a time? I'm not honestly sure why.

I also prefer dips to be on the side and not drizzled on top of the fries. Unless it's meant to be like fry nachos or something :)

I like fries with pretty much every condiment, in some place here they have a row of condiments and I'm just tempted to try everything. My favorite are mayo based sauces, ketchup is what I eat the least, just once every 2 years or so, when I'm nostalgic.

My fries condiments: (not all at the same time)

Vinegar
Ketchup
Mayo
Mayo Dijon (fav)
Mayo Wasabi (fav)
Spicy Mayo
Aioli
Salsa
Sriracha
Mayo Sriracha (fav)
BBQ sauce
Mayo Curry
Cheese
Mayo Chipotle (fav)
Mayo Horseradish
Chili sauce
Salsa verde
Tzatziki
Honey mustard
Hot chili sauce
Ranch
Lemon
Thym
Garlic
Chocolate

And probably a few others

Also add salt and white pepper

I love love french fries! It depends on where the fries are from, but since most fast food / restaurants already salt their fries we are good to go there. sometimes I might add black pepper. If the fries are nicely seasoned and crisp I might skip the condiments, but I do love my dipping sauces and fries goes well with so many different kinds of them that I wouldn’t be able to name them all. I also like fancy fries such as carne asada fries and chili cheese fries. there was also this one place near me that sold crabby fries, it was basically waffles fries topped with crab mixed with their special sauce. It was so so good!

If already seasoned with table or kosher salt, then I can eat it by itself just fine. I do also like how they taste with ketchup, chili cheese sauce, or pepper.

I eat french fries with whatever condiment I'm currently in the mood for (it can also depend on what I'm eating them with too). This can mean: mustard, ketchup, sriracha, barbeque sauce. Sometimes I just like them with sea salt and black pepper, or I'll put tons of cayenne and paprika on them for spicy fries ✨🔥 I also saw someone mention poutine in this thread too, and I've never had it before but after looking into it I really want to try it now haha.

If you guys haven’t tried fries in a frosty or ice cream, you’re missing out.
Ya know, I'd said in my post that I've only really had them with salt and ketchup, but I actually did try them with a Frosty last year because I'd heard about it being good. It is indeed pretty awesome. The sweetness of the Frosty/ice cream meeting the saltiness of the fry enhances the flavor of the fries. So, I second this. Give it a shot if you haven't, folks!

Same with truffle and shredded Parmesan fries, missing out.
I don't know where I'd find these but I'd be down to try this. Parmesan is great so my interest is piqued.

Ooo i like fries. I like some salt but not too much salt; I feel like a lot of fast food places drench their fries in salt..

I can eat them without sauce but I like dipping them in either BBQ, sweet mustard, sour cream, or sometimes even gravy. I do not like ketchup with fries.. I dont like ketchup with most things

At the kebab places here they serve fries that have been seasoned with chicken salt! Its different but I like it.

When I have a burger, I put the fries in as another layer.

I also enjoy it with cheese dips, or any dip honestly. I even dip it in vanilla sundae.

I don’t eat fries that much since I’ve never been too crazy for them. I only like seasoned fries especially if they are the curly variety and eat them without any ketchup. I’ll eat home fries and hash browns and potato wedges if they are seasoned.

Most of the time I don't eat fries with any dips or anything and just eat them as they are served. I'm not that big on ketchup so I usually only have some if the fries are really dry. I will put some vinegar on them sometimes if that's available. I also enjoy poutine like any good Canadian 🇨🇦

I love French fries, especially when they're crispy. When I was at college, I'd eat them often at the cafeteria and try out various types like sweet potato fries. I'm down to eat them with barbecue, ketchup, or mustard, so long as the condiments don't taste too sweet.

I like them salted, sometimes with a condiment. Usually ketchup because it’s the most convenient, but not necessarily the best. I think that sweet and sour sauce and Polynesian sauce (especially the one they have at Chick Fil-A) are better.

I’ve also heard people say how godly it is to take fries and dip them in your Frosty, but I’ve never gotten the chance to do it. Next time I buy a Frosty, I’ve got to do it.

I love fries! My favorite fries ever were from a pommes frittes truck in germany, with salt and ketchup - but no idea how they made the ketchup. It almost tasted like it had curry or something in it.

I really like fries with tony's seasoning, too. Any cajun seasoning is ok, but tony's is best.
Ohhh! I’m German and I can tell you exactly what was in that ketchup ^^ we actually call it “curry ketchup” and it has a blend of spices mixed in. I something whisk it together at home. It’s very simple, you just add quite a bit of curry powder to your ketchup, smoked paprika powder, white pepper and a bit of cinnamon (trust me on this, but don’t overdo it with the cinnamon lol! A light dusting is enough! If you have ground up cloves, add a tiiiny bit of that too!). If you’re too lazy for all that like me, just curry and a bit of cinnamon does the job for me too. 🙌🏼✨

Post automatically merged:

On another note - I love fries, and if they’re high quality I don’t need anything else but salt. If they are badly seasoned and kinda soggy I drown them in ketchup and mayo, like an animal (insert “good soup ✨” meme)

Last edited:
Ohhh! I’m German and I can tell you exactly what was in that ketchup ^^ we actually call it “curry ketchup” and it has a blend of spices mixed in. I something whisk it together at home. It’s very simple, you just add quite a bit of curry powder to your ketchup, smoked paprika powder, white pepper and a bit of cinnamon (trust me on this, but don’t overdo it with the cinnamon lol! A light dusting is enough! If you have ground up cloves, add a tiiiny bit of that too!). If you’re too lazy for all that like me, just curry and a bit of cinnamon does the job for me too. 🙌🏼✨

Thank you! I will definitely try this! I never would have thought cinnamon! 😅

Those food trucks (and vans sometimes) were so cool in germany. The pommes frittes lady was awesome, but so was the egg lady! She sold eggs and candy, and always had a super long line of kids, haha.

Back