• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Has anyone started to tan yet in the game?

i started in May :D

I've had my perfect tan that I love for about 1 month now :D

its like the 4th or 5th shade :D

I play almost all day and oddly have not tanned either. And I don't wear a hat or use an umbrella

I've been really into hats lately in ACNL, so no. I don't mind though, I'm super pale in real life and as my mayor is myself, I don't care because it's keeping my character realistic.

Despite it not being overcast or anything... I haven't. I wear my Sailor Hat constantly though, but I don't think that'll effect it...

I got my hat specifically to prevent tanning. It does work. ^^

No I am not tanning either yet, but I have been wearing a hat lately so it doesn't help... haha

No progress for my Mayor so far. How long do you have to be playing for to start tanning?

No progress for my Mayor so far. How long do you have to be playing for to start tanning?

well u can't get a tan in ur town just yet
starting on july 15 it'll start to work on in town

But, if u go to the island everyday for 15 mins, u can get a noticeable tan in 3 day. on the first 2 day, u do tan, but it isn't truly noticeable. Thats why people always freak out thinking they aren't tanning, and then they quit because its "not tanning" and they become pale again :D

just takes patience :D

well u can't get a tan in ur town just yet
starting on july 15 it'll start to work on in town

But, if u go to the island everyday for 15 mins, u can get a noticeable tan in 3 day. on the first 2 day, u do tan, but it isn't truly noticeable. Thats why people always freak out thinking they aren't tanning, and then they quit because its "not tanning" and they become pale again :D

just takes patience :D

Ohhhh okay! Thanks so much! How long does it usually last for? This is my first time playing NL through the summer/ tanning season

I have the teensiest of tans. Not sure if I like it, I'm as pale as a wall irl, and I based my mayor on myself. Freckles would be super neat.

I always wear a hat, so I never tan.. My friend got 'sunburn' as she called it, and hated it... She looked red xD. She covered herself with a mask and hat and everything after that. rofl

Back