• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Greetings! :)

Fayde

♥✧( ु•⌄• )
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
New Horizons Token
A big hello to everyone here on the forum!

I'll probably keep this short as I'm not too great with self-introductions. I'm a twenty-something girl from Malaysia who surprisingly, has never played Animal Crossing before and am currently waiting for my very first copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf to arrive in the post.

Before I start heading off to explore this forum, just curious if there are any advice you guys would offer for a complete newbie in this game?

Oh and feel free to add me as a friend too! It would definitely be great to meet some new "faces" and chat to every now and then. :)

Hi! Welcome to the forums. Animal Crossing is very addicting (-:
If you ever need help whenever you get the game, just ask. I've played all the animal crossings. :)

Welcome! (also new) I think you will really enjoy Animal Crossing c:

Advice - I would say to remember to talk to Sable every day in the clothing shop as you get the QR code scanner from befriending her, which allows you to scan dresses/patterns/shirts other people have made into your game for you to use.

Welcome Fayde!
Adding onto zevran's advice: If you ever want to make "paths" on a separate character be sure to talk to Sable on that character! Treat others town's how you want yours to be treated! cx

Fayde, very wise to consult us New Leaf experts for advice as other less desirable sites will demand payment & possibly lead you down a path no Mayor will recover from. Okay, just kidding! Mhuahahaha! =)

Alright, where to begin?

1. Google 'New Leaf Face Guide' & prep your answers so there'll be NO surprises whenever you look at your character.

2. Selecting a Town Layout- a cumbersome exercise, like trying to stop hiccups. Review some of the comments HERE on what members find necessary in map design.

3. Town Name- this is limited to 8 characters, including spaces.

4. Dream Villager Collector? There are varying guides about, but I think Elaine's Thread is well written & quite active too. Since these methods usually involve Time-travelling, acquire your Dreamies first as hybrid care & Perfect Town status will be difficult to maintain while phasing in & out of time.

Feyde, IMO, those are the most relevant aspects to consider since New Leaf isn't in your possession yet. My sig has a primitive guide for new Mayors if you'll like additional elements of Town management... I should actually update that, haha.

Wells, good luck, Fayde! ^o^

Thanks guys for all your advises, especially ben_nyc for your awesomely detailed guides!

I've already thought of a name for my town and can't wait for that time when I enter it into my 3DS. Meanwhile, I'm going to be reading as many guides as I can since I wouldn't want to be a mayor who seems hopelessly lost on her first day. :p

Last edited:
Back