• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Getting New Leaf?

peachmilke

sproutling
Bells
Switch
3953-1023-4525
New Horizons Token
Cherry (Fruit)
To start off with I currently own and love New Horizons, it’s not like I’m trying to get is a NH replacement or use it to counter any issues with NH! However, I keep finding myself curious about the game and how my favorite villagers were in it. Is it different enough to warrant owning it? Also I’ve heard the dialogue is bland- what are your takes on that? Would love any feedback, thank you!

If you already own a 3DS I'd definitley pick up a copy. I think you'll enjoy it. The dialogue is super repetitive though. I remember constanly getting the same dialogue in a row. lmao It does have a lot of content to keep you entertained so I think that balances things out.

If you already have a 3DS or 2DS I would absolutely recommend getting it. The dialog is definitely repetitive, but there's quite a lot to do in the game with a ton of different features than NH. Bunch more buildings and shopping to do, plus the dream suite is incredible.

It's worth getting. It was my first animal crossing game and it's what made this series my favourite. I've been scared to start my game up again but tell me if you get it so I can gift you some bells! Theirs lots more furniture and activities and it's just.. lots of fun!

Definitely worth getting, even just to see how the game has evolved! Its pretty cheap in comparison to NH too, at least in the UK it is
If you're super into NH i dont think you'd end up spending loads of time on new leaf but its definitely worth it as just an exploration

The graphics look like trash compared to NH, but it's still a fun game. I don't think the dialogue is too repetitive (nothing like the terrible City Folk dialogue). It is difficult to make your village look cute - at least compared to NH standards - since you can't put things outside and trying to collect PWPs from villagers takes months. But I think you'll like it! If nothing else it's worth it for Tortimer's island and the fun feeling of accomplishment as your town tree grows ^^

NL is a great game and its cheaper now as a Nintendo Select game! I'd get it (i have it) tbh
Post automatically merged:

The graphics look like trash compared to NH, but it's still a fun game. I don't think the dialogue is too repetitive (nothing like the terrible City Folk dialogue). It is difficult to make your village look cute - at least compared to NH standards - since you can't put things outside and trying to collect PWPs from villagers takes months. But I think you'll like it! If nothing else it's worth it for Tortimer's island and the fun feeling of accomplishment as your town tree grows ^^
Wells you cant really compare the graphics as its two whole systems and generations, thats kinda a bad argument

Thanks everyone for the replies! I probably will get it at some point, there are a lot of features I’ve been curious about and I’ve always had a soft spot for more pixelated games even if the graphics are worse haha

Thanks everyone for the replies! I probably will get it at some point, there are a lot of features I’ve been curious about and I’ve always had a soft spot for more pixelated games even if the graphics are worse haha
It's definitely worth getting, especially now that it can be found cheap. It has a lot of content!

Definitely get it! It's still nice befriending villagers, but be prepared to do a lot of favours for them compared to New Horizons. Eventually, you'll have access to Tortimer island where you can just farm for beetles at night if that's your thing. I'm not sure how Club Tortimer is faring right now. You can meet different people on there but be warned that you may meet some hackers and weird stuff.

i’d pick up a copy! while the dialogue wasn’t amazing imo, new leaf has a lot of cool features that makes up for it that new horizons doesn’t have rn c’:

I'd definitely say it's worth checking out. You can get the game for pretty cheap these days, so that's a plus. Have fun!

Definitely get it! It's still nice befriending villagers, but be prepared to do a lot of favours for them compared to New Horizons. Eventually, you'll have access to Tortimer island where you can just farm for beetles at night if that's your thing. I'm not sure how Club Tortimer is faring right now. You can meet different people on there but be warned that you may meet some hackers and weird stuff.
i've been going on club tortimer, there's usually one other person on the worldwide island, maybe two. the only slightly out-of-the-ordinary thing i've seen is someone begging for people to give them bells but that's it. i think now since nh came out, any scammers or hackers probably moved platforms since sm less people are playing new leaf.

Back