Get a specific villager? Read this guide

Candyfloss

Cat Lover
Bells
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Firstly : I became a new mayor to do this, you don't have to but it worked for me that way so if you want to follow my exact steps do it that way.

Ok, let's say you have a town. You want marshal, stitches or any villager of your dreams. But they never move in and/or you can't afford to buy them? Firstly, finish your day off. If you choose to time travel, follow route A. If you choose to not time travel, follow route B.

Route A
Ok, you choose to time travel. Firstly, think about which villager you want. Then, save and quit your day. Go to your internal 3ds clock and change the time 1 day ahead. This will work better than the AC clock because you can only change it on your mayor and other characters messing the whole thing up. So, much better to do it this way. After you have changed that, your game SHOULD be 1 day ahead. DO NOT START THE GAME AS THE MAYOR OR ANOTHER CHARACTER. make sure you have space for 1 more character! Make a new save file and check around your town to see if there are any plotted spaces. If yes, check who is moving in, if you hate that villager and do not want them, do not save just close the game and redo this from the save file. Every time you will have a new villager. If you like the villager's spot, build a house and talk to isabelle before you can save. Now you may get rid of this character and enjoy your new villager!

Route B
If you decide to not time travel, when you start playing AC the next day, DO NOT START ON MAYOR OR OTHER CHARACTERS! Make a new save file. Look around the town and see if there is plots on your new character, if there is see who is moving in, if someone you hate close the game and make a new save file and do the steps from then. If you like them, build your house and talk to isabelle until you can save. Enjoy your new villager!

If you do not like your villager's plot land
There is nothing much you can do. Possibly the villager reset trick might work but haven't tried myself.

This was not 100% proved to work, I tried it myself and worked. Hopefully it will work for you too! ^^ I got this from tumblr originally but changed it around a bit after trying myself. Route B is best to follow as idk if the internal clock also changes AC clock.

Please post if it worked for you or you are willing to try it out! It got me Rosie in my new town!

EDIT: This is time consuming, it took me a while to get Rosie so as long as you have a few hours to do this its ok

EDIT2: P.S. if there are no plots do not bother, this is easier as a mayor on your 2nd day since 4 people will move in bit by bit every day. Just wait tilll you get a plot

Last edited:
Definetly will try, is there really a difference between the time travel, and non time travel one, other than it being faster to TT?

I don't mean to rain on this but a lot of members know this WAAAY back. I think last year even.

I don't mean to rain on this but a lot of members know this WAAAY back. I think last year even.

I couldn't find a thread like this through the lot of pages i looked through so i made a new one. It helps for new TBT members and I learnt this from ACC/tumblr :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Definetly will try, is there really a difference between the time travel, and non time travel one, other than it being faster to TT?

Yep, the only difference is faster to tt.

Also, if you only have one smug villager and duplicates of all the others its EASY to get Marshal
let one of your duplicates move, then your only smug so you have 8 villagers..
save each day without a plot for 6 days with a new character, then on the 7th day a plot will ALWAYS appear, so you dont need to keep trying
then just reset for Marshal :3

i reset for Marshal in my new town today.. took awhile but worth it

Also, if you only have one smug villager and duplicates of all the others its EASY to get Marshal
let one of your duplicates move, then your only smug so you have 8 villagers..
save each day without a plot for 6 days with a new character, then on the 7th day a plot will ALWAYS appear, so you dont need to keep trying
then just reset for Marshal :3

i reset for Marshal in my new town today.. took awhile but worth it
Im tryna reset for marshal right now, possibly ill try for merengue and diana after.

This is pretty old, yeah.

I'd like to add something, though. Found this theory somewhere awhile ago and so far, I believe it's true - at least for my game. When a villager with a certain personality moves out, the next one moving in can't be of the same personality. At once, the game will throw the personalities you don't have in your town at you, so this makes it really easy to shuffle villagers of just one or two personalities if you play this out right. That's what I did and got Willow, which made me pretty happy.

Example:
Let's say, you have all personalities except smug in your village. A jock moves out.
Now, you don't any jocks and smugs, but... a jock just moved out, so you'll be only getting smugs.

Last edited:
This is pretty old, yeah.

I'd like to add something, though. Found this theory somewhere awhile ago and so far, I believe it's true - at least for my game. When a villager with a certain personality moves out, the next one moving in can't be of the same personality. At once, the game will throw the personalities you don't have in your town at you, so this makes it really easy to shuffle villagers of just one or two personalities if you play this out right. That's what I did and got Willow, which made me pretty happy.

Example:
Let's say, you have all personalities except smug in your village. A jock moves out.
Now, you don't any jocks and smugs, but... a jock just moved out, so you'll be only getting smugs.
If i havent moved any villagers out yet (new town) is it just picked randomly?

If i havent moved any villagers out yet (new town) is it just picked randomly?
No, it will try to move in villagers with personalities you don't have yet in your town, like I said. It does it all the time, moving out a certain personality just stops it from trying to move in the next time (but they still appear in the campsite, I am just talking about random move-ins)

No, it will try to move in villagers with personalities you don't have yet in your town, like I said. It does it all the time, moving out a certain personality just stops it from trying to move in the next time (but they still appear in the campsite, I am just talking about random move-ins)

I've gotten a bunch of lazies so far, i wish i'd just accepted zucker when he was about to move in. the latest was a smug so i reallly hope to get marshal soon. i have gotten all personalites so far so maybe as a new mayor any can move in

I'm trying this right now to get Whitney! Right now I have Claudia and Bree, both snotty. I'm trying to get Bree to move but she is refusing! I've TT'ed all the way to April! Obviously ignoring her is not working, so I'm doing the "friendship move". x.x

I'm trying this right now to get Whitney! Right now I have Claudia and Bree, both snotty. I'm trying to get Bree to move but she is refusing! I've TT'ed all the way to April! Obviously ignoring her is not working, so I'm doing the "friendship move". x.x

Good luck! Took me a few tries but now I have Marshal and Stitches, when I saw his name on the space saved for him, I was so happy. ^^ Hopefully I'll get him to call me princess and stitches to call me honeybee

I tried getting whitney (one of my dreamies) and I didn't get her once. It's surprising how the popular villagers are easier to get. I got Zucker 10 mins after starting this trick lol. It's random though so I can't say I know for sure.

Back