• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Game card removed

demondays

actual cat irl
Bells
Switch
7151-1131-9257
Winter Mittens
Chocolate Cake
This happens on my main town sometimes and it really scares me after all the corruption stories tbh. Does anyone else's game do this? I have two physical copies and my oldest one only has done it so far.

It happens sometimes when I bump my the back of my 3DS against a solid object or carry it around in my purse/pocket. So far no damage beyond just losing whatever progress I hadn't saved at the time. I make it a point to save whenever I finish doing something important just to be on the safe side.

It happens sometimes when I bump my the back of my 3DS against a solid object or carry it around in my purse/pocket. So far no damage beyond just losing whatever progress I hadn't saved at the time. I make it a point to save whenever I finish doing something important just to be on the safe side.

That sounds scary. ^^; Maybe you should invest in a case or something?

Why is everyone so scared of this? It's a normal thing that happens, I have the same problem as ShenkuuBlossoms, where it happens while carrying it around in my bag or something.

Unless you're saving and you remove the game card (or your 3DS is messed up and thinks you did), nothing with happen to your save file. Nothing that you do after saving is actually kept until you save the next time. Bumping your 3DS like that when you're not saving will just erase what you did since your last save without doing any harm to your save file, so it's just really annoying if your 3DS does it often. I think the mechanism or whatever to release the card or whatever might get weaker over time, since my old 3DS did that a lot.

Mine does this, not very often though. Sometimes when I put a game in, it won't pop up, too. I think its just because my 3DS is old and I've dropped it a lot. I'm overdue for a new 3DS. :c

I got my game card removed a few days ago while it was still in. I thought my game corrupted, but it didn't. Phew. But is that what happened to you?

I got my game card removed a few days ago while it was still in. I thought my game corrupted, but it didn't. Phew. But is that what happened to you?

Yes, that is what happened to me. With 750+ hours on that cartridge i was scared to death lol

Back