May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
October Birthstone (Opal)
After the November 13 terrorist attacks in Paris, it became known that one of the terrorists, Salah Abdeslam, had gotten away. What his motives were for not doing what he was supposed to do (blowing himself up) are still unknown.

Belgian and French police have been busy since November, carrying out raids on houses on which they had intel. In these raids, quite a few people have been arrested, and a few had been killed in firefights (like known ISIS member Abaaoud in a raid last November).

Last Tuesday, Belgian and French forces carried out a raid at a house in a Belgian neighborhood. The suspects opened fire on police. One suspect was killed in the resulting firefight, while two others managed to slip away. All four wounded police officers were discharged from the hospital the next day.
In the house they raided, forensic teams found signs of the fugitive Abdeslam having been present there.

Today, police forces carried out another raid on another house. In the resulting firefight, they wounded and captured Abdeslam, along with two others. Whether these two others are the ones that managed to slip away on Tuesday is as yet unknown.

I'm really glad to hear this news, and it was a long time coming. The guy managed to hide out in Belgium for 5 months, and who knows what he would have done if not captured. However, I also realize that this is just the tip of a gigantic iceberg. Abdeslam is just one person with ill intentions. When you take into account that Abaaoud claimed to have brought nearly 100 radical Muslims into European borders, this one arrest doesn't mean much.

Regardless, I'm proud of the people that made this happen. And as French president Hollande said, it's finally some good news for those affected by the Paris attacks.

Sources:
Tuesday raid & fugitives
Signs of Abdeslam
Abdeslam captured

This is really and truly great news. Although he was only one of the possible hundred that may currently be in Europe, we're getting somewhere. Hopefully the rest are found before its too late, because who knows what could happen.

Catching those fcktards won't do nothing . The best thing to do is to know how does ISIS and other terrorist organisations make young people join them , and prevent the young ones from joining them . Good news tho cause I'm practicly french and a muslim so ...

Catching those fcktards won't do nothing . The best thing to do is to know how does ISIS and other terrorist organisations make young people join them , and prevent the young ones from joining them . Good news tho cause I'm practicly french and a muslim so ...
A lot of the people that join them are those that don't have a proper future ahead of them (or at least, they feel like they don't). ISIS recruiters play into this uncertainty by promising a good life... then sending them off to their death. So we know how they recruit, and through which channels, the question is just what should be done about it. Traveling to Syria is already illegal, and those that return from Syria are questioned, and often placed under house arrest and surveillance. We can't forbid things specifically for Muslims, for obvious reasons. It's hard to figure out how to work against the way ISIS recruits these young ones.

Back