• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Frustrated

X_Jaykitty_X

Bells
I feel like my town isn't even progressing. How do you guys get such perfect town? I have paths but
I don't even know where to begin placing them and trees and bushes, ugh I need some advice.

For me, I need to have the map figured out. Like where I want to place the cafe, pwp, police, etc. once you know, just start placing paths connecting to those places. Once they’re placed, start decorating around with bushes, trees , etc. I recently restarted my mine and that’s been what I found to be easiest.

It's frustrating, I know, I'm trying to build up my third town and I know what I want but not how to get there.
I realized recently that my main town's actually quite nice, but I've been playing for almost a year, it just takes a lot of time.
Try focusing on an acre/area at a time and be willing to completely redo it.
Because you will. Like 90 times. :[

I have multiple towns and I go through times where I just have to take a little break (like a few days) so I can get away from it and be able to go back in looking at it with "new eyes". Those little breaks are usually when I have a significant breakthrough and can then work until I hit a wall again. Then I repeat the cycle. Time, as was mentioned above, is a key to getting anywhere with this game.

I usually path the whole town, connecting the dots so to speak, and then work in landscaping small areas. Sometimes things change as the game progresses and new ideas surface. I look up ideas on the internet. Tumblr has some good inspiration. And hold off on placing permanent pwps until you're sure where you want them or if you even want to use them. Trees and bushes will sort of fall into place once you see where the paths and buildings are going.

Thank you all, that really did help. I've had my game for a year but I got it before I knew about all these crazy things you could do with your town and so I have a crappy map and resetting is just something I cant bring myself to do

Haha I can relate! I got New Leaf, not knowing anything about the game or having played the previous versions! I didn't even know there were multiple town layouts... so the first one that showed up is the one I got T.T Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, I've had the game 4.5 years and I probably didn't start making it look nice with paths and PwPs until about 3 years in ;-; A lot of that had to do with my lack of golden axe, but that's besides the point xD Now, my town still isn't finished, so don't beat yourself up about it :)

Back