• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

amiibo Festival First impressions from amiibo Festival from E3 participants : this sucks

Boccages

Bells
Switch
0347-4629-2695
Silver Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
I think we should just look at this game from two bloggers that went to the E3 Nintendo booth and got to see it live.

Their impression : this is Mario Party without mini games. Who wants this ? It not only looks boring, it IS boring. The timing is not right : people wanted Animal Crossing for Wii U. And visually it doesn't even look interesting. Why do we even have to tap the damn amiibo on the GamePad everytime it's your turn ?

Last edited:
I don't think nintendo really cares about the game itself, they know the amiibos will sell and that what matters. they made the game because they already had the models ready to go from the start. it's easy money :cool:

They're not bloggers and I really don't care about two peoples opinions who saw the exact same things as me.. If they saw something else that I didn't see then I'd be more willing to listen, but we literally saw the same stuff, so idc. this game still interests me, and I'll be waiting until we have more concrete info before I pass it off as crappy,

I don't care if they don't announce AC Wii U. Did people honestly expect them to? But yeah the game looks ****ty from what I've seen and I hate amiibos. If the game actually had minigames and lost the amiibos I think it could actually be really good.

They're not bloggers and I really don't care about two peoples opinions who saw the exact same things as me.. If they saw something else that I didn't see then I'd be more willing to listen, but we literally saw the same stuff, so idc. this game still interests me, and I'll be waiting until we have more concrete info before I pass it off as crappy,

What are you talking about ? Never heard of the Bitblock ? Joshy ? His favorite game serie IS Animal Crossing !

What are you talking about ? Never heard of the Bitblock ? Joshy ? His favorite game serie IS Animal Crossing !

Basically, whether or not you were at E3 or watching the stream at home, everyone saw more or less the same stuff, like announcements and updates.

Yes, I've heard of him and know who he is - and he's not a blogger, he's a gamer on YouTube, there's a big difference between the two. Bloggers blog (write) about their gamepaly, YouTube gamers make videos and opinion videos. He's not a blogger which was my main point.

To my knowledge, amiibo Festival (as well as Happy Home Designer) was not even available on the show floor as playable, so they don't have any better experience or more of an experience to draw impressions from than the rest of us do from the videos posted from Nintendo.

To my knowledge, amiibo Festival (as well as Happy Home Designer) was not even available on the show floor as playable, so they don't have any better experience or more of an experience to draw impressions from than the rest of us do from the videos posted from Nintendo.

I watched the video post on animal crossing world last evening. After watching it I am more excited about this new game.

The game doesn't look like its going to be the end of the world.

Just a small little game to tie us in until whenever the next Animal Crossing game comes out.

It seems out of character for the AC devs to be so foolish enough to release this Wii U spin-off mario party game without the party games.

I mean, has it ever crossed anybody's mind that this might just be a release game alongside the new AC amiibos? Especially considering that it's "supposed" to be free to download, which means that you'd only need to spend enough money on a single Amiibo to be able to play. It would seem a bit extreme if we were required to buy the game outright as well as an animal crossing amiibo, and it's already clear that the game uses the same engine as the most recent mario party game. I honestly don't see a lot of money or time being spent developing this game in comparison to your traditional wii U game.

And I also assume that these amiibos will be compatible with happy home designer, right? Despite the game revolving around the AC amiibos, I think it's still too early to assume that amiibo festival is the main game that they've been created for. Maybe they'll be compatible with the unannounced wii U ac game in the future.

idk it all seems a bit too stupid to be true

Last edited:
Especially considering that it's "supposed" to be free to download, which means that you'd only need to spend enough money on a single Amiibo to be able to play.
its not free, and if I got $1 every time i heard someone say it was free i'd probs have enough money to buy the game 5 times

and yes, the amiibo have been confirmed to work with HHD

Last edited:
Back