Firefox 2

Sonicdude41

Bells
Well, I did get Firefox again, but on a new system, so I won't be experiencing problems again like last time on my old computer. Oh, and also, Mozilla will be supporting Firefox 1.5 until April 24, 2007, or at least that's what I think it is. Try checking out the website for that. But I am a FF user now.

Yay, you have saved your life!!!!!!!!!!

w00t.

Well, Internet Explorer seems to not respond at times, and then I'm forced to use Firefox! Yay!! Firefox is my new back up!

:D May I use that little thing in your sig, RJWii2?

For FF2, do you know how it has a built-in spell check where it underlines words that are spelled wrong? Is there a way to bring up a suggestion of words that it could be?

Ascendancy said:
For FF2, do you know how it has a built-in spell check where it underlines words that are spelled wrong? Is there a way to bring up a suggestion of words that it could be?
Right-click on it.

Firefox is a great app! I mainly use Safari however for those few sites that require it I use Firefox. Firefox 2 is a great jump in design and statibiliy. Awesome!

:D

I feel like the top 2 used browsers are IE and Firefox, and IE is only on there because it's easy for people who don't know computers.

Opera and Safari are just kind of there.

The fact that Safari is only compatible with Mac OS X just might inhibit its ability to claim more of the market. Nonetheless, I still think it holds something like 2%, though my figures could be wrong.

As for IE being easy for people who are computards, I don't really think it's any more simple than Firefox. I mean, the only thing that differentiate the two is that one's bundled with the OS and the other requires you to download and install it yourself. Admittedly, I'll hazard a guess that some people are too inept to even do something as simple as that, but hey.

KatzMotel said:
The fact that Safari is only compatible with Mac OS X just might inhibit its ability to claim more of the market. Nonetheless, I still think it holds something like 2%, though my figures could be wrong.

As for IE being easy for people who are computards, I don't really think it's any more simple than Firefox. I mean, the only thing that differentiate the two is that one's bundled with the OS and the other requires you to download and install it yourself. Admittedly, I'll hazard a guess that some people are too inept to even do something as simple as that, but hey.
Actually, Safari users are less than half a percent according to W3Schools.

Then my figures were indeed incorrect. I don't know where I plucked 2% from, to be honest.

:p Cheers for clearing that up.

Anywhoo, Safari isn't a bad browser at all- it's quick and very web standards compliant... the only major problem is that it isn't incredibly expandable.

DSCUBER9000 said:
I like FF2 only for the built-in spell checker. If IE had it, I'd probably switch back to IE.
You finally switched to FF? And because of a spell checker? :gyroidtongue:

It has so many other features. It has tab bars so you don't need 30 browser windows open at once, it has the overhead favorites bar...

Plus the reason that most people do stick with IE yea, it does come with their computer. Plus, if they aren't very smart about tech stuff, they probably don't even realize there are more browsers(or what a browser even is).

Back