Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
The fourth level is Gloomy Galleon, but by the time you unlock this level, you should have all five kongs by then. It's also when you start exploring new concepts. In this level, you have adjustable water levels, which affects the whole level. If you can't reach something, you can raise the water level. Likewise, you can lower it to uncover submerged instrument pads.

This level appears to be unpopular because it's a water level. Yes, some missions involve swimming underwater, but others don't. Other than the great sunken ship, Donkey Kong doesn't have any mission that requires swimming underwater. Chunky is the same, except for trying to get into the cave with the cannon. Tiny is the opposite. Besides finding her blueprint piece, all of them involve swimming underwater.

Missions to be removed:

Before I go over what missions should be removed, I should explore the A, B, C, and D golden bananas are. Donkey Kong has to free and challenge a seal, Diddy and Lanky have their missions in the treasure cove and an additional mission, Tiny as extra missions underwater, and Chunky has two missions inside the cave. The C golden bananas are all in the area with the lighthouse, and the D golden bananas are in the Great Sunken Ship.

• Donkey Kong - Freeing the Seal: Yes, the seal should still be freed, but just like the Diddy Kong ones in Jungle Japes and turning on the machine, Donkey doesn't need extra golden bananas on the same field. He can free the seal, but the only golden banana he is going to get is by beating him in a race.
  • Diddy Kong - Robot Fish: This is one of the many frustrating missions in DK64 that will make me rage. Aside to the Dodo Bird and Owl's hoops, this is my least favorite mission involving Diddy Kong in the game. The problem is that the bees regenerate quickly, you can't use your shooters in the water, and you have to wait until the fan unblocks the vents before you shoot. Even trying to get into the fish is tough.
  • Lanky Kong - Small Ship in the corner: I like it that all five kongs have a golden banana in the Great Sunken Ship and the lighthouse area, so if I had to remove one of the missions, it has to be the coinstack or the smaller ship. I don't want to discourage players from using Lanky's Baboon Balloon, so it will have to be this one.
  • Tiny Kong - Small Ship in the corner: Tiny has a golden banana in the same section Lanky Kong has too, but I would remove this as well. Basically, abandon this whole part of the ship.
  • Chunky Kong - Cannon Targets: All five Kongs have at least one mission I truly hate. Donkey Kong had the arcade Donkey Kong, Diddy had two involving flying through hoops, Lanky Kong has the rabbit race, and Tiny Kong has to fight a spider in the barn. If Chunky had a mission that bad, it would be this one. The targets move fast, there is a time limit, and the cannon has only six ammo. The part that makes it even worse is that you have a Kasplat in the area, and the cannon doesn't shoot at the aim. I would have to remove the mission altogether.

Missions to Change:

Two of Diddy Kong's missions in this level involve mini-games that I hate, so there should be some replacements. Beaver Battle (the new Beaver Bother) should replace Stealthy Snoop, and Kremling Kosh should replace Splish Splash Salvage.

In addition, Donkey Kong's and Diddy Kong's blueprint pieces should be swapped.

Banana Medal Locations:

To access the boss stage, you should have ten banana medals in total, which means you only need to find three to seven more.

• Donkey Kong - behind a gate that can be opened by hitting a Donkey switch. Found in the area a cannon used to be.
  • Diddy Kong - behind the grill the robot fish used to be. He can use the simian slam in the area with the seal to open the grill.
  • Lanky Kong - inside a chest that can be broken by Enguarde. Found in the lighthouse area.
  • Tiny Kong - inside a cave deep in the waters in the lighthouse area, accessible by Mini Monkey.
  • Chunky Kong - inside the chest from where the headphones used to be.

Other Changes:

Aside to making that cannon cave have a banana medal for Donkey Kong, I would remove Cranky's Lab entirely from the level. Since you don't learn a new move from him, what's the point of having him in the level. Besides, I suggested that Jetpac should be removed too. The additional ship part can be for decorative purpose only.

Bonus Golden Banana:

There are three golden banana pieces in the cave at the beginning. One is at the top of the ship inside the cave, one is inside a chest from where Cranky's lab used to be, and one is underneath Cranky's Lab where an arena pad used to be. Collect all three banana pieces to get a golden banana.

Back