• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Does anyone watch ASMR videos?

I remember watching Tosh.O where there was this ASMR girl who would eat pickles and crunch them real loud. I don't get the concept so I really don't watch it. Is it sexual or what!?
No it's not sexual, that's a big misconception about it. An easy one to make and sure there are some out there that are. But those ones are buried and not respected since they give the community a bad name.

I don't. Like certain sounds are okay, but for the most part they either bother me or get me thinking about things. Sometimes, the sound of a clock ticking in a dead silent room freaks me out because it reminds me that I will eventually die and I have not accepted death, nor do I believe I ever will accept it...

I've been watching this guy do song covers with a rubber chicken. Recently he has uploaded a video of himself eating a fried chicken, because he can. Does that count?

Now I'm hungry.

yess big marvel

i dont llisten to asmr though, it creeps me out

Last edited:
i dont like asmr, it makes me feel....weird. and im not talking about the weird feeling when you can hear something close to you etc, its more of....idk, ive seen some videos on youtube of people eating in a weird way and exegarrating the sounds they made, or people opening boxes in the asmr way while caressing them, whispering random things and taking ages, it just seemed really odd to me. i dont find it relaxing at all. the concept of someone recording that really creeps me out jhgfdsdfg

if i need to calm down or cant sleep id rather listen to some ambience sounds - nature, hogwarts common rooms, coffe shop etc.

i watch them all the time, especially when i need some background noise for studying or gaming etc
i think my favourite type is talking or rambling? especially when people talk in different languages, it's extra relaxing to me

I have a friend who loves to listen to ASMR every night before she goes to sleep, but I've tried it and I really don't like it at all. It makes me uncomfortable.

Ambient sounds are nice (especially rain and trains!), but I can't stand ASMR. It reminds me of when I was in high school and I could hear someone tapping their pencil, or scratching their nose, or whatever, and it stood out like crazy against the silence. It would've been easier to deal with if everyone was just speaking in a low murmur or something.

ASMR really calms my misophonia in a weird way. Mouth sounds/tapping etc. are the most common triggers for people with misophonia but for me its like unintelligible and highpitched noises so its really relaxing to watch a video with soft whispering and tapping

Back