Does anyone use a feature phone or "dumb" phone?

Had a flip-phone for a long time when I was younger, I wouldn't reccomend them over a smart phone. They are cute, but they can't do apps like smartphones can.

Y'all think it would be easy to go back, but you basically cannot access browsers or anything. I know I personally need my smartphone because I work on it and my apps are usually things like Kindle for textbooks, Delta and AA for my flights, a few camera apps for fixing coloring/lighting issues in photos, and task/planning apps. Can't say my life would be easier without them long term or short term.

My problem is that I use my phone as if it was a mini computer. I browse the internet far more than I text anyone so going back would render it basically useless. xP

My problem is that I use my phone as if it was a mini computer. I browse the internet far more than I text anyone so going back would render it basically useless. xP

Agreed pretty much. I text a little bit here and there and call a few times a week, but I message on discord and Skype WAAAAY more often. Part of why flip-phones are still popular in Japan is because they still primarily communicate by email and text rather than another service.

Last edited:
No way I honestly don't know what I'd do with myself if I didn't have a smartphone

Although I did have the razor phone which was like way too cool back in the day

I like my Blu Smartphone. I can go on the forums easy enough with it and watch Twitch in bed. I do love flip-phones but I prob wouldn't go back to it. Though, I could do without my touchscreen doing random things in my pocket sometimes :p

I had one up until early 2015. I really miss the buttons on my old phone out of anything as I feel if I make one wrong move, I am accidentally calling my mom or messaging an ex-girlfriend...

Back