• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Does anyone know..

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
...why you can't place a pattern down in front of doors? I just can't think of any reason that would make sense. Lol. It's just always bothered me not knowing whyyy.

...why you can't place a pattern down in front of doors? I just can't think of any reason that would make sense. Lol. It's just always bothered me not knowing whyyy.

This exact question has bothered me since the beginning of time. Same as why can't you plant right next to houses, would it really be that bad?

No clue, but it's something that's bothered me ever since I started decorating my towns with patterns. I'm glad they got rid of that quirky little issue in HHD, so I'm hoping they do the same for future Animal Crossing games.

Or even better: tweak the Welcome Amiibo update to include being able to place patterns in front of doors.

Has to do with the way the game is programmed. The texture might interfere with the door mechanics and they did away with allowing patterns in front of doors.

Seems weird that it isn't possible to put something as little as placing a single path on them but it really doesn't bother me

It's also like how yar not allow'd to build snowmen RIGHT in front of a house. I try'd to block the enterance of The Roost to see what happens, and it fail'd badly. As I set the body snowball in the space where door would open and spawn the character back into the town, I push'd the head snowball into it to complete the snow but wound up crushin' the body part and destory'd it.

I would guess that snowmen placement and floor types might have similar "flags" and such that the game notes to dis/allow some actions to happen.

It's also like how yar not allow'd to build snowmen RIGHT in front of a house. I try'd to block the enterance of The Roost to see what happens, and it fail'd badly. As I set the body snowball in the space where door would open and spawn the character back into the town, I push'd the head snowball into it to complete the snow but wound up crushin' the body part and destory'd it.

I would guess that snowmen placement and floor types might have similar "flags" and such that the game notes to dis/allow some actions to happen.

Well I think there's a perfectly logical reason why you can't block doors with snowmen or anything that would prevent you from going inside. Lol :p

Hence why I believe that certain spots have "flags" on what ya can/'t do. Otherwise we'd get wonky buggy collision all over the place.

We can't also block a villager's home entrance by planting a tree.
So it's one of the reasons which we cannot place custom designs and anything else near the entrance.

Back