• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you think you will be able to customize your character?

BirdsAreCoolYo

Pudgy Pidgeys
Bells
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Yellow Candy
In the trailer, it looked like it would be possible, but what do you think. It looked completely plausible, but there's more info to be released. Also, Do you think Lionel(I think that's his name) and Gracie will have an amiibo card?

I don't think the trailer gave any indication of customization for characters. They were wearing the HHA Jacket, which means I doubt we'll have clothing customization. And the female character shown also was the default female that appears in MK8 and I think in Smash, so yeah, I think it's just default male/female.

That said, it's just an early trailer, things can change.

if there isn't any skin customization i will be sure to march on over to nintendo myself and slap a few ppl

nah not really but i think they will let us customize our characters. im not so sure about clothes tho, i think we'll be forced to wear HHA uniforms but that's ok.

I doubt non-villager character will have amiibos or maybe they'd be like special edition or something. it'd be pretty cool tho!

Yes of course
you could customize your character in all the games but the original I guess
and with how limited the spinoff game is, there's no point to remove it

I think since it's so early in the process and only the first ever trailer was released very recently, they probably have some time to read the reviews and questions about it and make it better before the release. Hopefully they will look for some things we're hoping to see and add them in. I'm hoping the characters are customizable, but the HHA jacket isn't hideous and I can live with it. Good question too, I never thought about that, I always just assumed they would leave the customization aspect in the game, that's basically what the whole franchise is based on. I agree with the special edition character amiibo, that would be so cool. Almost like streetpass clothes on Tomodatchi Life :3

I think it'll be there, but it'll be limited.

Instead of the able sisters store you'll probably get clothing items as a reward for doing villagers homes, but there'll be a much smaller selection than the able sisters.

Isn't the character in the trailer wearing the HHA shirt? Maybe not, since you're working for the HHA maybe you need to be in uniform.

I will be disappointed if I don't get much customization options.

I don't know if you will be able to customize your own character, if you can, that would be really cool. :)

Well it is Animal Crossing, there hasn't been a game in the series in which you don't customize your character.

why not? all the models are from acnl so they wouldn't even have to go out of their way to make new ones or anything

Last edited:
Oh yeah, you'll definitely be able to customize your character for .50$ per clothing piece! /sarcasm/

Honestly I'm not sure, I would hope so but we'll just have to see when it comes out.

I don't think we'll get to use QR clothes or anything, but we'll probably have a closet thing with some clothes from acnl and as you play with more cards you'll unlock HHA items.

Ugh I would hope so. The character in the video was wearing a red shirt with pink hair and I'm just not about that life.

Back