• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

do you think we'll get more villager plots in a later update?

I’d love more plots, maybe for people who don’t want 8 characters they might allow villagers to take those spots?

I doubt we’ll see this, mainly because the recent games seem to have settled on ten as their target number. But I would personally love to see an update to at least twelve (and personally, I would be happy with the fifteen from the original game). I had to compromise on which animals to invite, and because I had too many favorites from certain personality types, there are other types that I’m missing entirely.

Ten also makes the island feel a little sparse to me, though I’m thinking of adjusting some of the houses to give them bigger yards. I only have one human character, so that may be part of it, but it would be nice to be able to have a few more villagers, particularly for those of us who don’t intend to use anywhere near eight human profiles.

Don't know how high the chances are that they add more plots, but I wouldn't mind if we get more. About 12-15 villagers would be really nice and helpful, as I just have too many favorites and limit yourself to only 10 is kinda difficult and sometimes painful.

I WISH. I have 12 top tier favorites and I would love to have them all.

I highly doubt this since they assumed people will be playing the game with like 7 other members of the family so that’s 18 houses already. Unless they re-allocate that space allotted for extra characters into villagers.

Please I would love 12. That feels like the sweet spot.

You can have 8 players on your town, even though that feels like too much. They could make it so the 11th and 12th spot will only be allowed if you have 4 or fewer players.

The extra slots would also be special in that random move-ins will not happen after 10 villagers, so it can only be filled by amiibo, campsite, mystery island, and adoption. This would alleviate the panic people have once a villager moves out and allows people to fill it at their own pace.

I would love more plots as long as they are optional. I think 12 is already good enough, but I wouldn’t mind 15 as well. I think the maximum amount should depend on how many player homes are on the island, since some people are already struggling with space.

i doubt it but it could be fun. i hope it would be optional so you wouldn't have to have more villagers (i mean, of course you can just decide to never put out the plots but the game sort of punishes you for it because you either cannot or it makes it harder to get kk to visit.)

I would love to have more! I think it’d be best as an option though. Maybe buy a new plot from the Nook catalog?

I just want a little more going on. I miss seeing old villagers in the shopping area in NL and wish we had something similar..

Yessss!!! An optional choice to get 1 or two more villagers would be AMAZING!!! I really, really hope they would have this option availble for us. It's seriously difficult to choose only 10 villagers. Yes, I know we can always let them go and get new ones if we want to experience having different villagers, but I want the ones I love to stay lolol :( so giving us 1-2 more plots would be a really nice change.

I hope so.
Though I wonder if it would be through paid DLC - either way, I know I'd get it because I want MORE villagers.
Post automatically merged:

Also, I don't get why some people keep repeatedly saying they'd be upset if Nintendo allowed for more villager plots.
Guys, we already have space for alt characters that many players aren't using.
These could easily be converted to villager plots and I don't think it would even be a lot of work for Nintendo - just in the same way the alt characters are optional, one could also "opt" to have more villagers. Jeez.

Last edited:
I would love to have 12-14 plots! To all the people who say they don't have room, it would be optional so you don't have to lay down the plots lol. Honestly right now you are only technically required to have 6 total villagers; it could be argued that villagers 7-10 are optional so things wouldn't change much if they expanded to 12-14.
You will need 10 to achieve 5 star island status, and at least 8 to complete the "story", but yeah that is kind of optional but you will be missing terraforming. I would love 2 more plots for Marshal and Sylvana
Post automatically merged:

I highly doubt this since they assumed people will be playing the game with like 7 other members of the family so that’s 18 houses already. Unless they re-allocate that space allotted for extra characters into villagers.
Right now we can plot 18 houses, maybe change the code, so the other 8 could be villager/players. I know some people have 8 players, but I can't see myself having more than 2-3, currently I have 1 with no plans of a second character.

Back