• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

do you think the delay was worth it?

I'm glad it was delayed so I had enough time to save up enough money to get a switch and the game :)

It's absolutely worth the wait. There's so many quality improvements for the series and I don't think it would be possible if it were to be released last year. As Shigeru Miyamoto states "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad".

It's looking like it. Just seeing the beauty and plethora of new features is making it hard to wait until next month! I hope they've put some effort into a bunch of new villagers too though...

do we even know what they added to the game after they announced the delay? i don't really mind the delay, i'm just glad it was announced that it would come out. if new things were added because of the delay then i'd say it was worth it.

I think it was worth it, but then again it's only a month to release now. Even if we knew what we know now, I might have said differently if it was still June

The delay meant I could get into the Animal Crossing fandom before it released and be hyped with everyone else, so I'm inclined to say yes it was.

I am 100% glad they waited. Everything looks so cool and I love all the customization!!!!!

Definitely. IMHO, delaying a game makes more financial sense than rushing it. Customer reception of a company and a brand are very important, and (knock on wood because I really don't want this to ever change!) it's so refreshing that Nintendo is one of the few major companies that still understands this.

Anyway, from what they've shown off, this looks like a VERY impressive addition to the series. Now I'm really having trouble waiting!!

I would rather have more features added than be playing it right now. I'm going to be playing this game for potentially 10 years or more. I want it to be as good as it can possibly be.

Absolutely. It seemed like a huge delay in the beginning, but seeing what the team has managed to create thanks to those few extra months of programming, I'd say it's completely worth the wait.

I would say yes if not for these "free seasonal updates". I don't get them and I don't like them. Still feels like the game is not finished.

Most definitely! It would have been way more disappointing to see a rushed incomplete product sooner, rather than a pristine gem of a product later. :3 Hopefully the extra time spent creating the game will result in more time we're able to get out of it too!

I would say yes if not for these "free seasonal updates". I don't get them and I don't like them. Still feels like the game is not finished.

From my perspective it's a way to prevent people from time travelling to events. It also opens the opportunity to receive new items from an event every year, e.g. different Halloween items in 2021 than we would get this year.

The wait is fine, at that point we'd already been waiting so long that what's the difference in a couple more months? I'd rather the game be done right, rather than them releasing a game that they feel is incomplete.

I found the lack of information much more frustrating than the delay itself, so once we got some key details I was content waiting.

On top of that, I?m pleased to start the game in springtime, since that?s my favorite season overall and in-game (plus, its fitting for a new beginning!)

Last edited:
I didn't mind the delay. I would rather they took their time with it and make it the best they could be rather than rushing it and making it something it isn't supposed to be. (looking at you Sims 4) Plus, it means that we get to start in the springtime rather than the fall. I'm just glad we don't have to wait until the summer.

I don't know if the game is unfinished (it honestly could be) or if it's trying to prevent people from TTing and spoiling the surprise of things that happen during holidays way before the general AC playing community gets there. If it was any other company/team, I would assume that it was unfinished. But the AC team seems to do things differently than other game development teams sometimes.

Back