• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like Guinea Pigs?

i have two right now. i love cavies and rodents of any kind, i'm 24 and appreciate them now more than i ever did. i've had probably over 15 guinea pigs. they aren't hard to care for; and it takes 45 minutes to do the necessary research. unless someone just isn't motivated enough to take care of things, i've never met an adult owner that struggled tbh.

but attention is not like "lemme mess with you ten minutes" like a hamster, hamsters don't really particularly care about social interaction as much as guinea pigs do. they're more like a miniature rabbit; if you want happy loveable pigs you should have them out with you at least two hours a day. i swear mine have more personality than my dumb cat.

I used to own a male and a female and they would ALWAYS be popping out babies (couldn't really afford to get them desexed at the time, as I was only young). I do, however, love them. They stink, yeah, but that doesn't make them bad pets. A lot of animals stink like **** when you keep them as pets.

oh my god yes theyre they cutest things. My cousin passed me her silver agouti for like 3 weeks as she was going on holiday. The guinea pig was so beautiful and calm. I didnt get bite once even tho he must had been really nervous around me and he wowuldnt move a lot when i took him out of his cage and put in on my lap.

oh my god yes theyre they cutest things. My cousin passed me her silver agouti for like 3 weeks as she was going on holiday. The guinea pig was so beautiful and calm. I didnt get bite once even tho he must had been really nervous around me and he wowuldnt move a lot when i took him out of his cage and put in on my lap.

Their just little beans. c:

I've always wanted guinea pigs, but they're out of my price range. My sister had some mysterious bad luck when she bought a pair of guinea pigs from Pets at Home and they just mysteriously dropped dead a few days later, one the day after the other. I think they're cute, I think the noises they make are cute but not in the middle of the night. I have enough noise with my rats deciding in the middle of the night to reenact Stomp with their water bottles, bowls and jumping up and down just for the sake of being noisy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But tbh all rodents and cavies are stinky, nothing's as evil as hamsters though. God, I hate those things.

I had a guinea pig named Biskit that I loved very much who used to snuggle me every day after school in high school. I miss him. :\

Back