Did I fail Label's fashion challenge?

Forsythia

Bells
Today Label's visiting my island and I took part in her challenge as always.

Nevertheless, after dressing up in a goth outfit as requested (Visual-punk Dress + Black Everyday tights + Black Shiny Bow Platform Shoes + Pleather Mask + Black Heart Hairpin + Spider Umbrella), she replied the following:
2022040810015000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2022040810020800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2022040810021300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

This is the first time I have ever read this dialogue after showing her an outfit.

I have failed her challenges in the past, so I know the difference between "winning" and "failing" them,
but this is a whole other level.

By the way, according to some online guides, I might have completed all her tasks since she has already given me every single piece
of her Labelle brand, being the sunglasses the last ones I received about two weeks ago.

So, is this what happens when you finish helping her? Does she just stop giving you clothes? Did I just fail?
Please let me know what you think.

Checking the clothing themes, you only had one thing on that is classified in-game as "goth":
  • Visual-punk Dress - (party, theatrical, work)
  • Everyday tights (black) - (everyday, work)
  • Shiny Bow Platform Shoes (black) - (fairy tale, party, theatrical)
  • Pleather Mask - goth
  • Heart Hairpin (black) - (everyday, fairy tale)
(note that umbrellas are not clothing and thus don't count towards the score you receive)

So while you did complete the challenge, since you didn't have 2+ pieces of clothing on that matched the "goth" theme, you didn't receive a piece of Labelle clothing from her. As for your questions at the end, even once you've gone through every theme and unlocked all of Label's clothing, she'll keep coming to your island and giving you these challenges, and keep giving you Labelle clothing (though obviously repeats of what you've earned before) if you receive a high enough score, so it was just your score not being high enough.

I've had this dialogue once too! As Kilza said, it's just about how many clothing items fit the theme. I don't bother checking what clothing items fit the theme and just do my best, so for what it's worth, I think your outfit looks great, and I would've worn the same thing. ๐Ÿ˜…

Omg I never knew this dialogue existed! On the DS game, MySims, there's a similar character named Elizabeth who does a "fashion review" every Sunday and she got absolutely BRUTAL over your clothes. Little did I realize, you had to wear certain outfits depending on the location she visited! (Red shirt for the Town, shorts for the Beach, etc.) Needless to say, I prefer Label.

If you "partially" pass, you get only one Tailor ticket instead of 2 and she doesn't give you a free item, but I think they still show up the next day to buy, so it's not really a big deal.

There's really no pressure if you fail. Eventually she will cycle around to that theme again. And I'm also fairly sure that the items that Label gives you for completing them eventually make their way to the tailor's shop even if you don't complete her challenges at all, but don't quote me on that.

You can use this outfit generator next time if you like:

Or use this catalog then play around with the filter (the funnel icon on the upper right) and select Label's theme:

You can find guides online that tell you which items are part of which theme.

Back