• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Creating regular trees from bells

maddy515

Pinking of you ♥
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
I heard that if you bury a bag of 100 bells, it will turn into a regular sapling. NOT a money tree. I know that you have to have the golden shovel and that if you only bury 100 bells, the chances of creating a money tree are very slim. I'm not trying to create a money tree, though. I'm using a silver shovel and burying a bag of 100 bells and I thought it would turn into a regular tree but after a day it is still just a star on the ground? What am I doing wrong? Do I have to have a golden shovel even just to produce non money trees?

You need a gold shovel and it has to be at least 1000 bells I believe

even if you plant 1000 bells, you still have a chance of it turning into a money tree. every 1000 bells has a 1% chance of turning into a money tree

even if you plant 1000 bells, you still have a chance of it turning into a money tree. every 1000 bells has a 1% chance of turning into a money tree
True! But they only produce money once so once you shake the bells off it's like a regular tree and you're 89k richer.

Yeah well that's why I don't buy lottery tickets. I've planted many and none are shading me with bells!

I got a money tree on my first attempt. It's defintely 1000 bells to get a tree, it shows you a tree as soon as you're done planting the bells (the little one that hasn't grown full size yet). I think I planted 99k just because I wanted a tree the first time.

I got a money tree on my first attempt. It's defintely 1000 bells to get a tree, it shows you a tree as soon as you're done planting the bells (the little one that hasn't grown full size yet). I think I planted 99k just because I wanted a tree the first time.

Did you use a golden shovel?

I have a golden shovel now so I'm going to try this, even though the chance of success doesn't seem very high. It'd definitely be a nice change from the other trees. ^_^

You have to use a golden shovel, yes. The golden shovel is the only one that allows you to bury bells and get saplings. You can get it by buying 50 bags of fertilizer, I believe. The silver shovel's "power" is that sometimes the money rock will give you ores instead of money. You can't plant bell saplings with a silver shovel, but you can't get ores from money rocks with a golden shovel, either.
Basically, each of the special tools has some sort of power that the other version doesn't have. Because of this, it might be a good idea to keep your silver tools, too, once you gotten all the gold tools.

Last edited:
so 100k is 100%

yes, but not possible because you can only plant one bell bag at a time, and the maximum a bell bag can hold is 99,000 bells.
plus the trees only 'bloom' three 30,000 bell bags and they dont respawn, so you're losing bells if you plant more than 90k

Back