Could We Create A Trading Game Inside New Leaf?

Captain James

Bells
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Okay, hopefully tonight I'm not overwhelming you peeps with information, but here goes.

What if we could create a trading game in New Leaf similar to that of Pokemon? Well, I have an idea.

Fortune cookies. There are 50+ fortunes from the cookies, and the best part is, they aren't directly tied to bells.
We could create a trading game where the objective is to collect all 50+ fortunes without trading them for their furniture counterparts.
Now, you could just buy fortune cookies from the store, but like real trading games, you need to trade.

Trading could work in a few ways;
The 1 for 1, where you give one you get one
The Desperate, where you need one and have 10 of one that someone else probably wants
The Gambler, where you trade a fortune you have for a cookie someone else has bought for you, good for players who have a ton of stored up cookies
The Rich, where you can, either using in-game bells or TBT purchase a certain fortune, although this would need to be moderated
The Giveaway, where you have finally finished your collection but still giveaway fortunes, this will also need to be moderated

So just imagine having a whole board for trading fortunes. Sure you can dupe them, but what's the fun in that? I think a trading system like this could add a whole new element to New Leaf.

Thanks again, peeps,
and happy/merry chrismahanukwanzakah

This seems nice. :)
Villager and NPC pics might be preferable due to there being a vast majority compared to fortunes...

Last edited:
I think we could make this work.

We could not only make it a trading game, but a battling game. Maybe a certain combination of species can beat a different combination. For example, say you had a dog, a cat, and octopus pictures. You went into a battle. Maybe those certain photos could interact with each other in a certain way, where maybe they have a value, and whichever player has a high value wins. I'll do some research on this

Last edited:
Back