• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Cooking [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Monokuma73

Bells
Maybe it's to early to start this discussion, because for those not TT, it's just a second day after update. I will try to keep level of spoilers to minimum and hopefuly I will not ruin anyone's pleasure of finding things without being spoiled.

First thing I want to mention is a pack of recipies available
in the store
providing us something to start with. It's fine... no questions so far.
If we would like some more before we may have something from
Leif
we can start doing
fishing
And here interesting part starts:
We may start fishing... and some of fishes are "edible" - some not, it's fine. However, I noticed Seabass appears so often, but now is quite rare... and yesterday I had to go to "old" mistery island to catch some of them. Other bit... diving... for now just only seaweed is edible - sure I haven't been able to find all possible underwated creatures, but it seems to me, there is nothing else. Another bit... when Seabass is edible, what about BlackBass - is not really edible? What about carp and maybe some other... what do you think?

I'm not sure about smoothie, as we are able to make with native fruits. I tried to buy recipe from Nookilngs on different island, but it's not possible. Picking other fruits is not working either. Are we limited only to native drinks?

I'm pretty sure we can find the other fruit recipes in bottles/balloons, just like the fruit furniture.

I have a question. If you give all these cooking items to your villagers, will it give them a boost in friendship that gives you a better chance of getting their photo? Its a dumb question, since I know you can give them fruit, but I just wanna make sure.

Such a fun feature! Judging by the nook mile rewards I’m guessing there’s about 60 recipes total. Maybe more!

I found wheat on one of Kapp'n's mystery island tours which I could then use to make flour which in turn meant I could start cooking some of the basic recipes that you can buy from Nook's Cranny.

I have a question. If you give all these cooking items to your villagers, will it give them a boost in friendship that gives you a better chance of getting their photo? Its a dumb question, since I know you can give them fruit, but I just wanna make sure.

I do believe it will boost, as per general gifting rule. I haven't had a chance to check prices of cooked dishes and if giving dishes resulting receiving a gift from them, it looks like they are happy about this and friendship level is rising

I do believe it will boost, as per general gifting rule. I haven't had a chance to check prices of cooked dishes and if giving dishes resulting receiving a gift from them, it looks like they are happy about this and friendship level is rising
Alright good to know because I plan on getting the new villager photos by the time I find them.

I TT a lot (one day forward at a time) and have been going crazy about
how hard it is to find sugarcane. I want to make pancakes for my sweet beautiful villagers. Also there is something darkly comedic about walking up to a villager while they are working out and giving them a fried fish. BTW they love to display the food in their homes and it looks goofy once they're displaying 3 dishes you gave them

I noticed that when picking up a DIY recipe bottle, when you look at the bottle in your inventory afterwards it'll show whether it's a recipe for a furniture item or if it's a food recipe. Super small minuscule detail but super cute!

Back