Cicada Shell

Brutemus

Amiibo Fiend
Bells
It is July again and I still havent seen one. This year or last year... it is one of the last bugs I need for the museum.

Any advice?

Have trees, don't obscure the view, and walk a route along the island that will be far enough away to reset them. Scare away anything that's not one

Have trees, don't obscure the view, and walk a route along the island that will be far enough away to reset them. Scare away anything that's not one
Thank you. I have been doing that :/ I am going to try my luck with a nook miles island

finding one of those takes ages! ive been playing for months and only found two of them. i think i still have one in storage but i dont think the game will allow you to gift bugs.

I feel your pain, it was one of the hardest bugs for me last year. (This year the little rascal appeared on the second day...)

I was able to catch 5 shells by going to a Mystery Island and cutting all trees except for two hardwoods (and also getting rid of flowers, etc). I had some coconut trees as well because I was trying to catch some rare beetles, but you may cut those if you're not interested. Running around should eventually spawn one shell, but luck always plays a role- be sure to scare wharf roaches and hermit crabs to maximize the chances.

Good luck!

finding one of those takes ages! ive been playing for months and only found two of them. i think i still have one in storage but i dont think the game will allow you to gift bugs.
Unfortunately you cannot gift them :( thank you though!

I caught all of mine around the same time last year, about 7 a.m on my own island. A friend also reported more luck catching them in the morning.

I also read abt making an area with a lot of cedar trees near a building so that you can go in & out to re-spawn them. I did not chop down all my other trees cuz I was lazy lol, but planted many cedars around my museum and if I didn't see any, I'd just enter & exit the museum, repeat as needed. Tedious, but I was desperate & it worked, I got enough for Blathers & 3 more for a model.

I forgot why the cedar trees, I think cuz the other trees may have other bugs or other cicadas spawning on them so cedar reduces the odds (sorry I can't remember the original explanation!)

Try looking for it at night, as there is less bugs to find during that time. That's how I found one. It takes a little bit, but don't give up!

I actually thought these were the easiest "bugs" because they can't run away haha. Good luck in your search!

Ah...I remember my cicada shell woes last year.

The first time I found one, I accidentally knocked it onto the ground, and it disappeared. I was furious. Then I finally found a second one...and did the exact same thing. The third time was the charm. Lol. Definitely happy to be long over and done with that and not need to care about the existence of shells this year.

Just always peeved me that they made them so difficult to find in the game. They are literally EVERYWHERE in real life. I always used to collect them as a kid. My brother and I would make huge piles of them.

Dear Friends! After an hour and a half.. I finally caught the dreaded little cicada shell! On a mystery island of course.. between the hours of 5am -630am. Caught on a cherry tree! Good luck to those who haven't caught the lil guy yet! :giggle:

I found one last night while hunting for a Scorpion. There's really not guaranteed way to spawn them. I would just suggest running laps around the island until you see one. Make sure to scare any other bugs away to free up a spawn slot.

Congrats!
I had trouble finding them, too, but as soon as I finally found one, they seemed to be everywhere lol

They appear on trees and are fairly rare. I suggest being able to see your trees (not blocking view).

You could do qhat I do when beetle hunting and check a bunch of trees, enter a building(this resets bugs on the island) and repeat the process.

Back