Can't get certain villager to move..

Bells
I've been tting one day at a time for a full two hours, making sure no one I don't want to leave goes, but everyone but Portia has asked to move more than once!. I don't understand? I would have thought it was because I only had 9 villagers but everyone else is asking to move so it can't be that :/ any tips? becuase I'm trying to get her to move for someone on here.. But she's having none of it. Sigh.

Have you been upping your friendship with Portia to increase her chances of asking to move away? Also is she your newest villager in your town? I remember when Papi, my ninth villager, moved in and I spent hours time travelling and talking to him everyday and sending him letters but he never asked to move. Finally I decided to sacrifice Wendy by letting her leave and Papi asked to move right after. I don't know for sure if your newest villagers can move out but from personal experience, my newest villagers have never asked to move before any of the previous

Last edited:
She was my 9th villager I think, but I just let gaston move out when he asked and someone else has move in.. I time traveled :') maybe I should try again now?

I'm wanting to get Clyde out of my original town of Applewin. He never pings. And yet I have more than one of his pics. (That's because I have the town on a calendar that's in late-April. Clyde likely won't ping until after his birthday, game time or real time, which is May 1.)

So much of this is random. I could get a villager brand-new and, shortly after arrival, the villager approaches the mayor to say he/she is contemplating moving. That happened with me in Progress, as Dreamie Tia arrived and, the next day, told Cameron she's going to move. I was like, "Hell, no!"

You do have to watch how you handle "Animal Crossing: New Leaf." It's understandable how there are people who made a mistake and lost a preferred villager.

Back