• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Can they understand letters?

Mike

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Can the animals from wild world understand letters?
say someones about to move and you dont want them to,
can you send them a letter asking them not to leave :eek:
:gyroiddoh:

No, but there are probably ways to stop them from moving. They usually like letters, so that might help anyway... and try talking to them

It works once and a while =o

Lol its just that my sister plays and she sent one of the chars called Patch a letter and it stopped it moving

i think it goes off key words because i sent a letter saying nice things that didn't make sense and they loved it
ex-
friend, happy, cool,etc

i think it depends on whats happening if they listen or not lol
i got in a fight with wolfgang saying YOU STINK MOVE! he never moved and were bff now

Well, it mainly works if you say something and send them an item, then they'll reply with an item. Like I sold someone something from my house, or sent it, then the next day I went into their house and it was in there. Also if you say somethings, sometimes they'll reply saying they thought your writing was code, gibberish, chicken scratch, etc.

cazzy7 said:
i think it goes off key words because i sent a letter saying nice things that didn't make sense and they loved it
ex-
friend, happy, cool,etc
I think that's how it works.

I think they understood them better in GCN. Or, at least you could TELL if they understood them better in GCN. I think in WW, they give you some plain response 80% of the time no matter what you say, but if you send something the villagers don't understand in GCN, they get all snooty and say you suck at writing letters.

Katon said:
I think they understood them better in GCN. Or, at least you could TELL if they understood them better in GCN. I think in WW, they give you some plain response 80% of the time no matter what you say, but if you send something the villagers don't understand in GCN, they get all snooty and say you suck at writing letters.
Isnt that...understanding worse?

Well yes, but I'm led to believe that they don't understand them AT ALL in WW, and give out plain responses to everything. In the GCN game, it seems to me like they tried to make it work so they could understand.

stormcommander said:
No, but there are probably ways to stop them from moving. They usually like letters, so that might help anyway... and try talking to them

It works once and a while =o
Usually, whenever they're gonna move, I tell them not to like 10 hundered times until they say they'll reconsider it or whatever or start to feel bad and rethink it. The next day they're still there. That's how I do things. Yeah! :dance:

Back