campsite on home screen, but not when you load game?

dizzy bone

Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Tansan
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
Persimmon
Banana
This has happened to me multiple times. Sometimes when the home screen focuses on Shari, I'd see the tent up there since the campsite is right next to her house. But when I go visit it upon loading the game, it's not there anymore. Has this happened to anyone or just me?

i had something similar!! on the starting screen, there was a roped off plot next to fauna's house that disappeared when i went in game.... i'm not sure why this happens, though, but i thought i'd let you know that you're not alone!!

Yup! It seems like what the loading screen shows isn't necessary what's in game, that's happened to me a few times too, haha. Happens with lost items, roped off home areas, and campsites.

The moment you load the game as mayor is when the game sets where new plots will go, if there will be a camper and who it will be, and who the special character of the day might be. The preview screen just gives a possible outlook on the day, but you can't even be guaranteed it will be snowing when you load up even if the preview has snow. This is why people wanting to plot reset or camper reset load up as a new character, so the mayor doesn't set things in stone. And, yes, the preview screens mean nothing for a new character, too. If you see a camper in the preview, it may or may not be there when the new character steps off the train.

When you first start the game before you even have a town, it can be really frustrating because the preview will show a random animal. If you like that animal, there is no guarantee you will get him/her. In fact, it's probably not very likely you will.

Last edited:
Back