• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Camp question

SoraDeathEater

Sora Miura
Bells
Switch
7297-4636-2109
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
I have Dotty on my camp and i really want her ♡ Shes so cute! But she keeps asking if Raddle (♡ i love him so much) would move for her... I really do not want to give him up... I already gave up Katt (another one i loved) for Timbra (hate her now thanks to this).. and felt extremely guilty about letting Katt go. I dont want the same regrets.. Do they eventually ask for someone else to move? Or am i losijg Dotty ;u; Since i heard about this reset thing?? But i think i may be too late for it?

Unfortunately it sounds like you're too late for for the reset thing to work, it autosaves at the end of the conversation where they mention who leaves. Dotty will keep asking for Raddle to leave unfortunately...

Yeah what the previous poster said. For future reference, when you see the name of the villager they want to ask to move pop up in the dialogue box hit the home button and close the game without saving, them restart. If you click to continue the conversation it will autosave.

Last edited:
If you get Dotty in your campsite again, don’t engage her in conversation before you save the game. Then you can come back into the game, win her game to have her move in, and crash the game before she finishes talking if you don’t like who she suggests replacing. It’s too late to change her mind once she finishes the string of speech including the suggested victim! Sorry this happened to you!

Edit: Oops! You have a chorus of people who want to help! This is a nice community. Hope it works more easily next time you see her!

If you get Dotty in your campsite again, don’t engage her in conversation before you save the game. Then you can come back into the game, win her game to have her move in, and crash the game before she finishes talking if you don’t like who she suggests replacing. It’s too late to change her mind once she finishes the string of speech including the suggested victim! Sorry this happened to you!

Edit: Oops! You have a chorus of people who want to help! This is a nice community. Hope it works more easily next time you see her!
:eek: wait, so save and exit the game before talking to her (or any future resident i want) and then come back to the game and if they request somone i still want to keep then immediately quit without continuing the conversation? Correct??

:eek: wait, so save and exit the game before talking to her (or any future resident i want) and then come back to the game and if they request somone i still want to keep then immediately quit without continuing the conversation? Correct??
You don’t need to save the game before ever talking to her. As soon as you load the game for the day and she is your camper, that won’t change and you won’t lose her. Just be sure that when you see the dialogue box mention the name of a villager to move out and you don’t like the name, do not click any button to continue the conversation. Immediately hit home and close the software. When you reload the game, Dotty will still be there. Get her to move back in and she will suggest a new villager.

You don’t need to save the game before ever talking to her. Just be sure that when you see the dialogue box mention the name of a villager to move out and you don’t like the name, do not click any button to continue the conversation. Immediately hit home and close the software. When you reload the game, Dotty will still be there. Get her to move back in and she will suggest a new villager.
XD ahhh ok! Thank you for clarifying. Ive never done this camp reset.. ;u; i could've still had Katt... At least i knew not to give up my Raddle

Right— you don’t absolutely NEED to save before ever talking at all, but I personally save and quit before starting the conversation so I don’t have to hear Isabelle’s whole dialogue over and over, and so I feel one more layer of security. I’m not good about paying attention to how often the autosave happens, so I’m more careful.

Then, I open up ACNH again and go to the tent and play cards until I win them, and then I prepare to crash the game with the Home button if I don’t like the name they say, as soon as I see the name appear on the screen. I don’t want the auto save to kick in before I can escape the bad choice...

XD ahhh ok! Thank you for clarifying. Ive never done this camp reset.. ;u; i could've still had Katt... At least i knew not to give up my Raddle
I’ve done it twice for Raymond and Judy, and they each took 4 hours to find. So I’m pretty used to the method 😂
Post automatically merged:

Right— you don’t absolutely NEED to save before ever talking at all, but I personally save and quit before starting the conversation so I don’t have to hear Isabelle’s whole dialogue over and over, and so I feel one more layer of security.

Then, I open up ACNH again and go to the tent and play cards until I win them, and then I prepare to crash the game with the Home button if I don’t like the name they say, as soon as I see the name appear on the screen. I don’t want the auto save to kick in before I can escape the bad choice...
You could save for sure, but it isn’t necessary. Either way though! I don’t remember Isabelle repeating the dialogue again even without saving. But the feeling of extra security is helpful.

I’ve done it twice for Raymond and Judy, and they each took 4 hours to find. So I’m pretty used to the method 😂
XD hahahaha! Well thank you for sharing it with me! XD i just want some cute new villagers who arent hopper and Timbra... not to mention broffina e.e

Back