• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Mafia Call the Ships to Port: Game Thread - END GAME - TOWN VICTORY!

iLoveYou said:
Lols that's so funny because I was contemplating getting modkilled to prove they were mafia. But I felt like it wasn't fair to their mafia team to do that and Tina might hate me / other players would find that cheap of me to take the easy Town way out. Plus I didn't want to get banned in any way from these games.
Also if you're town and was contemplating doing this I admire that, but it sounds kinda AtE

When we were placing votes on KermitsTea, Dad went out of his way to split the votes on Glow. He has been doing that for the majority of the game, I know. But during a mislynch phase, can you really argue that its still the best move to be making ? He knew he wouldn't get support and he was staying consistent with his attack on Glow during the worst times to be doing that.

I was doing that for most of the game? Literally nobody followed me after two attempts and I went with No Lynch instead. ...lol

Also laughing at how you're pointing out that Amanda hasn't come on to vote me yet so that must mean a reluctance to bus. You're really grasping at anything to get me lynched when you hardly have to considering the votes on me. You're desperate to try and find little nails to hammer into these gallows.

That's fine if you think it feels AtE. So now you can put me in the same boat as Dad who has been all about AtE.

Amanda is literally staying quiet to see if / when this entire thing will flip on me so she can jump aboard.

Oh, actually, looks like some people have voted me and another has voted for you. Could be desperation as well on the flipside.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm curious to see what Amanda has to say as well but I have to be asleep soon.

I was doing that for most of the game? Literally nobody followed me after two attempts and I went with No Lynch instead. ...lol

Also laughing at how you're pointing out that Amanda hasn't come on to vote me yet so that must mean a reluctance to bus. You're really grasping at anything to get me lynched when you hardly have to considering the votes on me. You're desperate to try and find little nails to hammer into these gallows.

That's my point. You were doing that all game and you decided that splitting votes during the mislynch phase was a good idea too ? Like you said you knew you had no support. You did this while we were placing votes on KermitsTea. Your only other options were Trundle or No Lynch. If Trundle is your town read why would you vote him ? Obviously you're only choice was to switch to No Lynch.

Yes in fact it was my only choice, thanks for clarifying that! It was my only choice because I saw glow as scum, nobody was voting for her, and the rest of my scumreads weren't on the chopping block at the time and I thought the two people up for lynch were both town so yes my only choice to use my vote in a meaningful way was to put it on No Lynch in a mislynch twice and lose situation.

No, what you did is try to get a mislynch on Glow going against KermitsTea and when it still didn't work you just made the other only move you could to get through the day and be given some sort of Town cred because your buddy KermitsTea was losing votes and people were switching from her to Trundle and you had nothing else to worry about.

No, what you did is try to get a mislynch on Glow going against KermitsTea and when it still didn't work you just made the other only move you could to get through the day and be given some sort of Town cred because your buddy KermitsTea was losing votes and people were switching from her to Trundle and you had nothing else to worry about.

I was on glow long before Kermit was being taken seriously as a lynch candidate. Sure, you could say it was me riding on tunneling, but I wouldn't have voted to No Lynch instead of hiding on that vote if I seriously wanted her mislynched. Sure, I wanted her lynched, but I didn't see it as a mislynch because up to that point she'd given very few towntells and far more scumtells.

Actually Kermits had 2 - 3 votes already on her when you finally started to split the vote and vote for Glow. Kermits was definitely a serious lynch candidate. If you held on to your Glow vote you would have lost so much Town cred for not helping us achieve a No Lynch so your only other obvious move to make was to jump on the No Lynch movement.

- - - Post Merge - - -

KermitsTea had 3 votes when you placed a vote on Glow by the way. So yes she was definitely a serious lynch candidate against Trundle until people switched off of her and you realized you had nothing to worry about. Again you couldn't place a vote on Trundle to help KermitsTea.

You're leaving the part out here that I actively campaigned that people No Lynch rather than vote Trundle if that's what it came down to but instead you're pushing that somehow I was splitting the vote that definitively by voting for glow when I did. I had information presented on her, reasons I wanted her lynched, and why she was a better candidate than those two, and again I voted No Lynch when I realized nobody was going to follow me on my top scumread but instead lynch people I saw as town. But this smaller argument is already going in circles.

Dad, the last two votes which made No Lynch catch up to Trundle were placed at 6:59 PM Est by Glow. You had nothing to worry about and with the way the votes were on Trundle, I'm sure you knew there was no harm to campaign when no one else was switching during the last 30 minutes and Trundle was already at the highest. Also had you gotten No Lynch, you would have been able to further defend KermitsTea and possibly get her out of another lynch if need be.

Dad, the last two votes which made No Lynch catch up to Trundle were placed at 6:59 PM Est by Glow. You had nothing to worry about and with the way the votes were on Trundle, I'm sure you knew there was no harm to campaign when no one else was switching during the last 30 minutes and Trundle was already at the highest. Also had you gotten No Lynch, you would have been able to further defend KermitsTea and possibly get her out of another lynch if need be.

You don't need to appeal to glow she's already stubbornly going to vote for me and not switch off.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also it was very damn close at the end of that day given plurality had to be the determining factor and it was close, I had that hour to try and convince people, and Trundle was obvious town so I hella needed to promote No Lynch.

You're so desperate right now that you're clinging to any detail you can in order to substantiate your argument that I was trying to protect Kermit here. And this is especially telling because at the start of Day 5 what made me look so terrible is that I did defend Kermit from being lynched. People are going to have to read into that what they will but ideally they'll consider that Kermit was an inter-team kill in a situation where we were going into lylo and a bold move like that is worth the hit to KP when KP isn't as important as the mislynch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I'm not just arguing that the inter-kill on Kermit was done just to highlight that I was defending her, but there was also Kayla acting like it was a frame on her beginning of day to boot, she went straight into this day with an intention and a gambit that they used a sacrifice for.

Anyways, I have to go to bed and won't be up until like an hour before EoD if I'm lucky. So this is my final appeal to town: If you haven't already, reread through Kayla and I's argument and come to the decision on your own. I feel like I've pointed out plenty of pushes in this ongoing debate with her as well as incidents throughout the game that clarified themselves for me once we got to a PoE. I fully expect, now that I have announced I will no longer be able to defend myself until 6 hours from now, that a large and substantial case will be made by Kayla and she will have the entire day to herself to make appeals with people while I'm absent, so keep that in mind when it comes to how much energy she puts into it. Also playing mafia when you roll mafia will almost always be about being townread as much as possible and either sitting back to let mislynches happen or try and make one happen yourself. Read both Kayla and myself with this in mind and I'm confident maaaybe you'll make the correct choice here.

You don't need to appeal to glow she's already stubbornly going to vote for me and not switch off.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also it was very damn close at the end of that day given plurality had to be the determining factor and it was close, I had that hour to try and convince people, and Trundle was obvious town so I hella needed to promote No Lynch.

You're so desperate right now that you're clinging to any detail you can in order to substantiate your argument that I was trying to protect Kermit here. And this is especially telling because at the start of Day 5 what made me look so terrible is that I did defend Kermit from being lynched. People are going to have to read into that what they will but ideally they'll consider that Kermit was an inter-team kill in a situation where we were going into lylo and a bold move like that is worth the hit to KP when KP isn't as important as the mislynch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I'm not just arguing that the inter-kill on Kermit was done just to highlight that I was defending her, but there was also Kayla acting like it was a frame on her beginning of day to boot, she went straight into this day with an intention and a gambit that they used a sacrifice for.

Anyways, I have to go to bed and won't be up until like an hour before EoD if I'm lucky. So this is my final appeal to town: If you haven't already, reread through Kayla and I's argument and come to the decision on your own. I feel like I've pointed out plenty of pushes in this ongoing debate with her as well as incidents throughout the game that clarified themselves for me once we got to a PoE. I fully expect, now that I have announced I will no longer be able to defend myself until 6 hours from now, that a large and substantial case will be made by Kayla and she will have the entire day to herself to make appeals with people while I'm absent, so keep that in mind when it comes to how much energy she puts into it. Also playing mafia when you roll mafia will almost always be about being townread as much as possible and either sitting back to let mislynches happen or try and make one happen yourself. Read both Kayla and myself with this in mind and I'm confident maaaybe you'll make the correct choice here.

This convinced me.... Im keeping my vote on ily

It was 2 votes apart up until 6:59 PM EST and clearly no one else had intentions of switching except Glow which only would have tied the votes and still let Trundle get lynched.

The only reason you ended up " looking bad " like you say is because KermitsTea actually died at night due to her being labeled as the next lynch. Had she survived the lynch and no one said anything, there was still potential for you to talk us out of it in the next day phase. But like you said, her kill was worth sacrificing a bit of Town cred considering there was only one mislynch left.

seems no one wants the unity Amanda lynch so you'll force me to make a choice here

gdi town why you gotta do this

seems no one wants the unity Amanda lynch so you'll force me to make a choice here

gdi town why you gotta do this

I'm totally down for an Amanda lynch

- - - Post Merge - - -

iLoveYou said:
##UNVOTE: Dad
##VOTE: Amanda1982
Are you switching to save yourself :eyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or to bus your partner?

I'm totally down for an Amanda lynch

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are you switching to save yourself :eyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or to bus your partner?

To hell with it im voting Amanda i just cant decide who to vote for so i.ma just sheep and bandwagon

Vanessa if you think I'm mafia then just vote me. Like seriously, that post made it clear where you stand so go ahead.

I made it clear at the beginning of this day that I would be fine with an Amanda lynch. They both have to be mafia at this point so it doesn't make a difference in my eyes who you guys even lynch first or second.

Vanessa if you think I'm mafia then just vote me. Like seriously, that post made it clear where you stand so go ahead.

I made it clear at the beginning of this day that I would be fine with an Amanda lynch. They both have to be mafia at this point so it doesn't make a difference in my eyes who you guys even lynch first or second.

Right now I think you're more likely to be mafia than Dad but regardless of which of you it is I think Amanda is the partner so that's why she's getting my vote

Back