Cafe and Police Station ideas

Patty

Not a cow. Moo-ve along.
Bells
Cake
ど
Heyy ^^ So, I finally got the cafe and police station, but I have no idea where to place them... So, I was thinking, maybe I could get suggestions from the forums? I sort of have an idea, but, I'm not too sure.

image.jpg
Excuse the extremely bad quality photo.

This was what I thought would look sort of nice.
image.jpg

Black: Cafe
Red: Police station?

Meh? I dunno? Thanks in advance :D

Looking at the map I would think about placing them near to the town hall and the re-tail. There's someone else on here that has all his in-village shops lined up in a row as a 2nd main street/shopping district and I wish now that I could go back and plan something like that.
If they were arranged like the four corner's of a square it would make a kind of mall area

Looking at the map I would think about placing them near to the town hall and the re-tail. There's someone else on here that has all his in-village shops lined up in a row as a 2nd main street/shopping district and I wish now that I could go back and plan something like that.
If they were arranged like the four corner's of a square it would make a kind of mall area

Ohh, I see what you mean ^^ I'll keep that idea in mind :D Thank you!

The waterfall is super prime real estate and after a while most people stop visiting those buildings, so I would be cautious about putting them there. Maybe in a line leading from the Plaza towards Retail?

tolisamarie is the person on here who lined them up in a row, the map is in their siggy, I think it's an all dog town.

The waterfall is super prime real estate and after a while most people stop visiting those buildings, so I would be cautious about putting them there. Maybe in a line leading from the Plaza towards Retail?

Actually, that sounds like a really good idea ._. I might do that :D. I'll keep that in mind ^^

I put my cafe in front of the river. It's great for the cafe, but I put it so close that I can't see to fish behind it. So either put it across the river or leave more space behind it so that you can view the fish back there. I have a really long river, so it's not a big issue. Still, I wish it were behind the river rather than in front of it.

Eh, since you have the buildings all lined up already I would actually just put them in a line near retail and the town hall.

If I personally had that map I should put the Police Station to the immediate left of Town Hall, and put the Cafe near the waterfall by the ocean with a bridge close by.

If I personally had that map I should put the Police Station to the immediate left of Town Hall, and put the Cafe near the waterfall by the ocean with a bridge close by.

Could a police station fit there? ._. I'm not sure the dimensions of a police station, or how big it is ><

- - - Post Merge - - -

Man I wish I hadn't placed my building yet everyone's got some great input

Haha, yeah, I wasn't sure at first, and I asked my friend. She suggested to post on the forums :D... So... Here I am!

Your town is so organized! I like!

I see what you're going with there. As someone else suggested, I'd put them in a row near Town Hall. That seems to fit in with the way you have all the other houses organized.

But I also like where you put them, cuz that spot might be way to empty otherwise. Have you thought about what else you might want to do with that huge piece of land if you don't put those 2 there? If it's going to sit empty, maybe your plan is a good idea.

Ugh, sorry I was no help. XD I like your idea, and I like the idea of lining them up with Town Hall. Mostly, just wanted to compliment you on your organized town. :)

But I also like where you put them, cuz that spot might be way to empty otherwise. Have you thought about what else you might want to do with that huge piece of land if you don't put those 2 there? If it's going to sit empty, maybe your plan is a good idea.

Haha, thank you! My concern is whether or not there is enough space next to the town hall though >< I'm planning on just, decorating every area, with like, flowers, pwps. It's just that, because the cafe and police station can not be removed (I think), I want it to be in a good place; I can adapt around it if I must.

Eh, since you have the buildings all lined up already I would actually just put them in a line near retail and the town hall.
^
this

Personally I would put the Police Station next to the town hall, and put the Cafe near Retail or by its own near where you wanted it to be. :)

because the cafe and police station can not be removed (I think), I want it to be in a good place; I can adapt around it if I must.

You're right, they can't be demolished once you place them, so it's good that you're planning carefully.

What I like to do for pwp's that I want to place somewhere, is to figure out how many squares they take up. So lets say something takes up 2 squares, like the smaller pwp's. I put down 2 squares of a path pattern in the exact spot I want. Then I landscape around that. It'll also help you to see how they would all fit in, or if they would fit in, because then you know how many squares you'd need in between, etc. Then also, when you're talking to Isabelle and finally putting down the pwp, it'll help you because you'll know exactly where to stand and not end up with it a square over to one side or the other. I hope that made sense, it's hard to explain. I think you'll see what I mean if you set down the tiles and do some landscaping around them AS IF the pwp was in that spot.

Back