• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Breaking the habit of TT... It's hard!

I often TT if I feel like it but it's only until I get all my dreamies. I do check in on the stores and such each in-game day, but I don't think I'd TT just for PWPs or items or whatever. imo it used to be a lot easier to refrain from TT'ing because I started the game fresh with a couple of friends who took it day by day with me.

Eventually they stopped playing and I found this forum, and I started making a "dream villager list" which is all I tried accomplishing really. I may TT in the future though when I make new characters, but just until they can use the QR code scanner. (Unless I make them both at once, then I can do it day by day with both of them. idk)

I'm feeling better today. It's day 3 of my new town with no TTing with the exception of the trick that helps you place new villagers houses and only because I have a very specific idea in mind. But I don't peek at who the villager is, just that it where I want the house to be. Honestly I feel like I can do it!

i didnt tt or even know about hacks all summer but then school started so i thought i should just use them to speed it up. i definitely think you should play slow like the game expects you to, but if you have no time i say you go all out and do whatever

After time traveling in my first two towns I managed to stop for my next three. My current town I started on the new year and made it my resolution to see this town through to the end!!!

The discovery of this amazing forum helped with the temptation to restock Lief, with the ability to buy stuff off other people. I think one of the other ways I've kept this town going is because I've had a job the last few years so my time to play has decreased therefore making me prioritize my time spent making my new town.

I don't know if you've TT'd yet but I hope you can work out a similar system to get through the hard times!!!

Day by day!!!

I know that feeling... I used to TT in my old town, but after I made new one, I have tried to put an end to it. And it has been a success! :D Just try to be patient!

i used to TT an awful lot because i just want to make my towns look good as quickly as possible, however after some accidents i'm very cautious. it takes up more time but it's saved me from villagers moving out when i don't want them to

Me too! I just bought a new copy and I've been trying to play honestly as well (without TT). I used to time travel all the time to get ordered furniture faster and more shrubs/trees to plant. I feel like I'm getting nowhere right now xD

Back