• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Bored of New Leaf? Look Here!

Sleepy

Bells
Silver Mailbox
Cake
The curse of the slice-of-life genre that Animal Crossing falls into is that it can become boring for the same reasons that it can become life-consuming and addicting! Animal Crossing players often create a "routine," and after a while, it can get monotonous. I'm making this thread because I'm just coming back from a 4 month break from New Leaf.
I knowingly took a break with the intention of returning with renewed interest. This thread is discuss tips to prevent you from getting bored so that you can continue unlocking the seemingly endless slew of content in Animal Crossing: New Leaf!

1. Take a break. There is no shame in stopping for a while and coming back to the game. Beautiful Town Ordinance makes this so much easier in New Leaf. After my break, I'm back to playing hours a day, like I just got the game all over again.
2. Fill your museum! This is quite an obvious one, but its important. Do you have every bug, fish, work of art, fossil?
3. Hunt DLC! Try to find rare foreign DLC
4. Collect Island Exclusives! Mermaid, Cabana, Kitchen Island, Wetsuits, etc.
5. Upgrade your train station - do you have 100 visitors yet?
6. Holiday Furniture Sets - Seek the Egg, Pave, Mush, Jingle, Ice, etc. series. They are endless... and beautiful
7. Create new characters (if you don't have 4 already) and upgrade their houses in order to
8. Restyle your PWPs and re-pave your paths with new vegetation.
9. Themes - create a theme for certain rooms, characters, houses, or even your whole town. Update your dream town!
10. Collect rare item sets - do you have the Zodiac animals? Golden series? Every Gulliver item? Saharah's exclusives?

This is by no means an exhaustive list. This is just for some inspiration to get the ideas reeling. Please post your own tips for keeping busy in New Leaf!

Last edited:
Just would like to point out a correction: Savannah should be "Saharah".

Great tips, Sleepy! I just came back to the game after not playing for around five months, and as you said, it's a new game again. I LOVE Beautiful Town ordinance for making it possible to come back without feeling guilty for abandoning my neighbors to live in filth. :p

I agree with DLC hunting- I just grabbed what's been released of the Astrology furniture set, and it has given me some new decorating ideas. Now my focus is getting ALL the PWPs, so I can remake my town. Long live ACNL!

Last edited:
Great tips, Sleepy! I just came back to the game after not playing for around five months, and as you said, it's a new game again. I LOVE Beautiful Town ordinance for making it possible to come back without feeling guilty for abandoning my neighbors to live in filth. :p

I agree with DLC hunting- I just grabbed what's been released of the Astrology furniture set, and it has given me some new decorating new ideas. Now my focus is getting ALL the PWPs, so I can remake my town. Long live ACNL!

Thanks and welcome back! I love the Astrology set, though I am lacking two pieces at the moment :p Good luck with your PWP's ^_^

To add to the list, you can also customise furniture at Re-Tail and mix and match stuff. That's what I've been doing lately because I've been getting bored with New Leaf.

I was getting a bit bored so a couple of days ago I gave away all my Gracie clothes that I never wear that were stored in my museum.

I made a really cute pet shop in one room and a 50's diner in another.Now I'm trying to think of what to put in the other two rooms.

I have always been able to find something new to do in the game .I will probably take a break very soon though.A break is a good idea.

I'd say do some spring cleaning and maybe have a giveaway of unwanted items :)

Back