Boost friendship faster by gifting wall-mounted furniture

ThePhantom

Bells
I came across a reddit comment earlier today that suggested using wall-mounted furniture as gifts for maximum friendship boost because it counts as furniture. The best part is that villagers don't display this type of furniture in their houses! In addition, you'll get bonus points if the villager gives you an item in return, which you can guarantee with gifts whose resale price is at least 2500 bells. Some good craftable wall-mounted furniture are:

- Iron wall lamp: iron x4, clay x2 (resale 2500)
- Hanging terrarium: weeds x12, iron x4 (resale 3240)
- Starry garland: small star frag x10 (resale 5000)

Finally I have a use for all the small star fragments in my storage 😅 hope this helps you get your villagers' photos!

EDIT: Some users have noticed that while villagers won't display these gifts, it may cause them to take down wall-mounted furniture they already have, so proceed with caution!
While the villager does not place the item in their homes, I did notice that giving them wall mounted furniture can make them take down whatever furniture they do have on their walls. I did this with Julian and gave him 10+ lamps and I noticed that his starry garlands disappeared! This method probably works best with villager without wall mounted furniture.

Last edited:
that's smart! the fruits are really taking a while and I refuse to get them bugs/fish 😅

they don't? I saw a pic of Muffy's house with a pink floral swag :-o
nvm

Last edited:
:unsure: if only i could remember to gift punchy every day, i'm so forgetful lmao

Reactions: Fye
I give everyone wrapped hanging terrariums. +4 for giving them the item, then you are guaranteed an item back since it sells for over 2500 so you get a 1-3 point bonus on top.

That's smart! The furniture items do give more friendship, so I've given some to villagers but wall mounted ones won't destroy homes?? That's awesome to hear! :D

That's actually a fantastic idea. I've gifted my villagers a few of my extra furniture but I'm starting to run out of ideas so these are great! Some of them are DIYs too so can get rid of those missions at the same time

Maybe that was part of her regular decor?
oh that makes sense
I saw the pic on the wiki page and right next to it was a pink dress which I thought was gifted so I assumed the swag was too my bad
imma give my villagers tons of floral swags then

oh that would make sense too
I saw the pic on the wiki page and right next to it was a pink dress which I thought was gifted so I thought the swag was too my bad
imma give my villagers tons of floral swags then

There was a part that I forgot to add regarding gift value, I edited my original post to reflect that! Floral swags are worth less than 2500 so you aren't guaranteed to get the bonus points, if you care about that 😅

That’s what I’ve been doing. So far I’ve gotten 5 framed photos, so it’s going well, and I haven’t totally messed up my villagers houses.

However, I too have read that if the item is worth 2500 or more then they should always give you a gift back, but that hasn’t been happening for me. It seems to be true that if it’s under 1000 then they’ll never give you anything in return, but if it’s any amount 1000 or over then there’s a chance for bells or for getting a return gift. I’ve had villagers give me bells after I’ve given them the iron wall lamp numerous times, and the other day my friend gave one of her villagers an electric kick scooter, with a purchase price of 4,400 bells, and she was given bells in return.

This seems like a great idea. I’ve only gotten pictures from sending wrapped foreign fruit, so I can also consider giving them wall diys from now on.

That’s what I’ve been doing. So far I’ve gotten 5 framed photos, so it’s going well, and I haven’t totally messed up my villagers houses.

However, I too have read that if the item is worth 2500 or more then they should always give you a gift back, but that hasn’t been happening for me. It seems to be true that if it’s under 1000 then they’ll never give you anything in return, but if it’s any amount 1000 or over then there’s a chance for bells or for getting a return gift. I’ve had villagers give me bells after I’ve given them the iron wall lamp numerous times, and the other day my friend gave one of her villagers an electric kick scooter, with a purchase price of 4,400 bells, and she was given bells in return.

That's good to know! I guess >2500 doesn't guarantee an item in return then. However, I've been gifting wrapped foreign fruit (worth 500) for a while now and I do receive items back about half of the time.

Thanks! I wasnt sure that they wouldnt use these kinds of items, but now that i know, i am gonna use this method.

awesome info! ill be crafting a lot of hanging terrariums lol. do you know if door decorations count?

I have a lot of wall-mounted furniture I wasn't gonna use--this is perfect!

Back