• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Betsy DeVos

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
Switch
0000-0000-0000
Betsy DeVos was appointed by my President, Donald J. Trump for secretary of education.

What do you think of her?

I think there could have been a better pick for secretary of education! In all honesty!

She claims to know nothing about her family's (Mother's) foundation on donating millions to conversion camps of the LGBTQ, donating to countless anti-LGBTQ groups and organizations. She was classified as an official for 14 years! She lacks knowledge of the education system on a whole different scale! More so than President Trump lacks political experience.

The only beneficial thing I can see from her is "school choice"... but I have heard her track record is sketchy. I haven't looked into her track record, but I pulled up this article in case you want to hear someone's opinions on it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/betsy-devos-charter-schools-detroit_us_58824364e4b0e3a735689acf

I know that Trump lacks political experience. Though, he has always been following and "into" politics. I also whole-heartedly believe that he has prepared himself for Presidency thoroughly.

Last edited:
The anti-LGBTQ+ thing automatically turns me off, no matter the "good" things she has done or said.

She has been directly into anti-LGBTQ. Although Pence "conversion therapy" statements could be worse, he didn't explicity state that. I think DeVos's anti-LGBTQ acts/words are worse than Pence's.

The anti-LGBTQ+ thing automatically turns me off, no matter the "good" things she has done or said.

Yep, then you have Mike Pence. He's my favourite human being on Earth. (Looks like a carpet)

The Dump has made fine choices! Stop being soooooooOOoO saty!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!! (Every Republican ever, incase this isn't clear already... its a joke don't get your thong in a twist.) :blush:

Huh? I tried understanding your comment. :p

Are you referring to some Trump supporters acting like Trump's picks are #1? And that if you dare to comment on them negatively then you're just being salty?

Last edited:
I'm genuinely worried about the next 4 years. I'm willing to give Trump and his administration a chance, but it doesn't look good, and this lady is a prime example of why.

I've just lost all hope for American politics, honestly. For a second there I was like "Maybe Trump won't be that bad after all", but then I seen this and wanted to slap myself.

I would've been clinging onto Obama's leg like a child if I were there. Britain is total garbage right now, but there is nobody in power anymore that I can respect at all. Everyone I love is either dead or no longer in any sort of power. The power is within the people, though, and I've gotta keep reminding myself that Hilary won in the overall vote count, so I'm not just going crazy.

Last edited:
I'm willing to give Trump and his administration a chance,

I just wish more people are willing. This is what my Mother preaches, "give him a chance." She said that back in 2008 and 2012 when there was a public outrage over Barack Obama's presidency.

Huh? I tried understanding your comment. :p

Are you referring to some Trump supporters acting like Trump's picks are #1? And that if you dare to comment on them negatively then you're just being salty?

Well I just looked at some YouTube comments but then again, it is YouTube. (That's what my comment was referring to mostly and some Dump supporters)

Right back to the topic at hand, I think she is trash. There ya go.

Last edited:
I've just lost all hope for American politics, honestly. For a second there I was like "Maybe Trump won't be that bad after all", but then I seen this and wanted to slap myself.

I would've been clinging onto Obama's leg like a child if I were there. Britain is total garbage right now, but there is nobody in power anymore that I can respect at all. Everyone I love is either dead or no longer in any sort of power. The power is within the people, though, and I've gotta keep reminding myself that Hilary won in the overall vote count, so I'm not just going crazy.

I agree with you. I wanted to slap myself when I was investigating. Well, rather googling Betsy DeVos and looking at all these articles about her. Although I'm a Trump supporter, he made a bad pick with DeVos. Terrible pick.

He does want different opinions though. The one he appointed for EPA thinks Global Warming is NOT a hoax, but Trump thinks it is. I don't know. We'll just have to sit here for four years and I hope I'm right for supporting President Trump 'for most things'/generally.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well I just looked at some YouTube comments but then again, it is YouTube. (That's what my comment was referring to mostly and some Dump supporters)

Yes. I get pissed at Youtube comments too. No matter who you support ignorant, reckless opinions that are pure stupid always get me cringing.

Last edited:
Does anyone else listen to Wilson Philips 'Hold on' when somebody makes a new thread about toilet?... I mean dump.... I mean Trump! Gosh damn.

Oh. My. God. Betsy.

This woman. I can't even put her into words. Her policies on schools benefit absolutely nobody except Christians and republicans. Public schools should always stay funded. Teachers in public schools are underpaid, thanks. And, worst of all, POTENTIAL GRIZZLIES. Oh, yeah, everywhere, y'know. Them grizzlies always interrupting class. Gotta keep a gun with me to shoot 'em up! Yeah, like, seriously, no.

I'm not happy with her or any of Trump's cabinet picks. However, I'm not sure if I should be as concerned about her as I am about Jeff Sessions. I'm very concerned about him being attorney general.

I agree with you. I wanted to slap myself when I was investigating. Well, rather googling Betsy DeVos and looking at all these articles about her. Although I'm a Trump supporter, he made a bad pick with DeVos. Terrible pick.

He does want different opinions though. The one he appointed for EPA thinks Global Warming is NOT a hoax, but Trump thinks it is. I don't know. We'll just have to sit here for four years and I hope I'm right for supporting President Trump 'for most things'/generally.

Trump's pick for Department of Energy is a man named Rick Perry, and Bernie Sanders couldn't get him to say that climate change was a real issue. In Rick Perry's own biography, he dismisses it completely and brushes it off as something "scientists" have made up for money.

It's a disgrace.

Trump's pick for Department of Energy is a man named Rick Perry, and Bernie Sanders couldn't get him to say that climate change was a real issue. In Rick Perry's own biography, he dismisses it completely and brushes it off as something "scientists" have made up for money.

It's a disgrace.

Its a common pattern amongst these....people, they constantly deny scientifically proven statistics because they don't suit their ideology and they just don't want to face what they are doing to the world, arrogant, ignorant fools.

She's a complete looney toon and completely unqualified. I am willing to give the Trump administration a chance even more than I was with Hillary (started becoming really sick of her), but I will never support this woman. I'm a teacher and everyone that I know that is a teacher loathes her.

Last edited:
We have religious right nutjobs ruling over everything. Trump literally went over every department and sought out people who are the antithesis of each department.

This is no dream or joke. This is reality. DeVos has no value for public education whatsoever. She wants public funding to go to private (and, of course, religious) schools. That's so unconstitutional. Funny how the conservatives want their private sector to be left alone, but they're all happy to open up their pockets for government funding.

Consensus? Betty DeVos is trash trash garbage.

Back