• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Best Retro Toon Series

Super Daddy-o

Bells
With all the old school toons getting dvd releases here lately, many's the fan with the opportunity to relive some after school TV goodness! I say my fave retro series is:

The Transformers!!

Especially seasons one and two before the "movie". I was so ticked at that movie! Its like somebody walked in with a movie pitch that says "Hey like make a movie of a popular kids toon, and here's the twist, we'll kill off Optimus Prime and most of the established characters! Genuis, huh?"

I loved the Transformers, but my all-time favorite was Voltron. Haha - all you Power Ranger Fanboys can bow to the awesomeness of VOLTRON. Also Thundercats was my second favorite.

No way Demise! First fave authors and now this! Voltron and Thundercats are my 2nd and 3rd choices! Perhaps we were cloned!?! Voltron destroys all the power ranger knock-offs!! I actually d'led all the episodes of Voltron. And Thundercats always held a coolness factor higher than GI Joe or the Silverhawks.

"And I'll form...the Head!"

"Thundercats, Hooooo!"

I was never big on Transformers...ever...

I didn't even see the new movie, which I heard was really good. D:

Transformers FTW.
I love it, I've enjoyed watching the movies, (old>new) , and as many episodes as I can lay my hands on.

:D

What's this, what's this? NO REN AND STIMPY LOVE?!

That was easily one of the best cartoons EVER. The slightly adult humor and insane stuff mixed in with pure cartoon mayhem... wow... also, The Angry Beavers were pretty good... Animaniacs... Pinky and the Brain... man... the memories are comin' back...

Bulerias said:

That was easily one of the best cartoons EVER. The slightly adult humor and insane stuff mixed in with pure cartoon mayhem... wow... also, The Angry Beavers were pretty good... Animaniacs... Pinky and the Brain... man... the memories are comin' back...
I agree with you that Ren & Stimpy is an amazing show, but I don't consider it old school since it was on when I was in High School. Definitely in my top 10 of cartoon series.

DemiseofGanon said:
Bulerias said:

I agree with you that Ren & Stimpy is an amazing show, but I don't consider it old school since it was on when I was in High School. Definitely in my top 10 of cartoon series.
The only reason I don't really like Ren and Stimpy is because of the attempted adult humor, which concerns me. It was HYSTERICAL, but looking back.... o_O

dragonflamez said:
Personally, I'm a diehard fan of Scooby-Doo
Aw man, I used to WORSHIP that show when I was younger, especially when they had that whole block of Scooby Doo on CN a long time ago.

UltraByte said:
dragonflamez said:
Aw man, I used to WORSHIP that show when I was younger, especially when they had that whole block of Scooby Doo on CN a long time ago.
Boomerang.
Learn it, love it.
I basically grew up on retro cartoons.

dragonflamez said:
UltraByte said:
dragonflamez said:
Boomerang.
Learn it, love it.
Sometimes I watch Duck Dodgers on Boomerang, since CN doesn't show it anymore.

If I catch 2 Stupid Dogs on, I watch that.

UltraByte said:
dragonflamez said:
UltraByte said:
dragonflamez said:
Boomerang.
Learn it, love it.
Sometimes I watch Duck Dodgers on Boomerang, since CN doesn't show it anymore.

If I catch 2 Stupid Dogs on, I watch that.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Holy crap, I remember that show. Awesome stuff...

Bulerias said:

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!

Pinky and the Brain was HILARIOUS!!! Especially the episode Bubba Bo Bob Brain where his plan for world domination involves county music and subliminal mind control BEST EPISODE EVER!

Back