• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best Nintendo Console?

What is your favorite console from Nintendo?

• Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Nintendo 64 (N64)

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Nintendo GameCube (GCN)

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Wii

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Wii U

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Game Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Game Boy Color

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Game Boy Advance

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Nintendo DS

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Virtual Boy

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I think the 3DS has some of the best games so far, although I haven't played across a ton of consoles/handhelds, and I also have a lot of nostalgia value for the SNES.

I'm going to vote for the Wii. I've had far too many memories with family and friends on that console!

I think it would have to be Wii. It's actually the first console I ever got and it has so many of my favorite games that I've played on there like Super Paper Mario and Animal Crossing: City Folk.

A tie between the 3DS and the SNES for me. All of my most favorite games (except one) are on the SNES.

@Chroma Red:A tie between the 3DS and the SNES for me. All of my most favorite games (except one) are on the SNES.

yeah a great system for sure Super Mario World to this day is one of my favs of all time. So much great stuff on that system.
Really just a clean system all around. A workhorse and a Worthy follow up to the system that started it all.

Maybe it's just because it was the first console I ever received, but I voted for the N64. I played so many great games on there as a kid. Even in more recent years, I've bought a few N64 games that I never got a chance to play when I was younger. And there are still some more that I want!

the first home console i played on, which was the gamecube. i have so many fond memories of that console from when i was younger, thanks to games like luigi's mansion, super smash bros. melee, super mario sunshine, paper mario: the thousand year door, pikmin 1 and 2, and quite a few others.

the wii was pretty enjoyable too imo. getting every last star in super mario galaxy 2 was both fun and very challenging (ESPECIALLY at the end), and super smash bros. brawl and mario kart wii were also loads of fun. still, the wii wasn't as enjoyable to me imo.

as fun as playing splatoon, mario kart 8 and smash 4 online are, the wii u also isn't better than the gamecube to me. it just doesn't have enough games, which is a shame.

as for the handhelds, i've only really played the ds and the 3ds. the 3ds is the better one of the two imo - even though i have less games for it, i've found them to be more enjoyable than the ds's. i think it has the best animal crossing game in the series (new leaf, of course), and i've also enjoyed other games on there too, like luigi's mansion 2, pokemon y, and more recently fire emblem: fates. again though, i still think the gamecube was better than the 3ds.

I vote Nintendo Gamecube cause I love the controllers and the games for it are the best imo. Animal Crossing, Kirby Air Ride, Luigi's Mansion, Monkey Ball, Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart Double Dash. 10/10 best games.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lmao the 2 votes for Virtual Boy.

I voted 3DS mostly because the majority of my favorite games are on there. And also it's portable, so yeah that's my top choice.

My fave one ever is GameboyAdvanceSP, because it was the first you could "close"... but it isn't in the poll, so I can't vote :(

I loved my game boy colour. It was, for me at least, one of the best consoles they made.
I really love my ds too, but it seems much flimsier than the game boy

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and I do like the wii, but I think there's a lot of issues with it. At least with mine there was, and I never could like the wii u

I liked the wii because I used to play on it a lot when I was a kid and there were a ton of games that I liked to play on it. I don't feel the same way towards my wii u

I'd say the Wii U, I know that the NES wrote history and all but the Wii U has a lot of great games which I could play for hundreds of hours.

Back