Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Black Sheep Plush
Toy Duck Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Bee Plush
So, I wanted to pic up HHD from Best Buy, as I have a BB credit card. However, I was hoping to get the game + NFC reader bundle (bc cheaper), but it's listed as coming soon on the website:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-nfc-reader-nintendo-3ds/4506700.p?id=1219755046970&skuId=4506700

The game itself is available for preoder. Does anyone know if BB is going to get the game + NFC bundle in for Friday, or am I SoL and have to buy the game and reader separately if I want to get it from Best Buy?

So, I wanted to pic up HHD from Best Buy, as I have a BB credit card. However, I was hoping to get the game + NFC reader bundle (bc cheaper), but it's listed as coming soon on the website:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-nfc-reader-nintendo-3ds/4506700.p?id=1219755046970&skuId=4506700

The game itself is available for preoder. Does anyone know if BB is going to get the game + NFC bundle in for Friday, or am I SoL and have to buy the game and reader separately if I want to get it from Best Buy?

Every store, especially including Best Buy, should have the product available right when "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer" is scheduled for U.S. release on Friday, September 25, 2015.

I'm counting the game itself plus the bundle and the deluxe package.

I pre-ordered the NFC reader bundle from Best Buy in Canada, though I had to go into the store to do it. The sales associate even told me the reader bundle wasn't available for pre-order but he was dead wrong and very apologetic when he actually checked their sales system. So they should have it, but you might need to be physically in their faces to pre-order.

I pre-ordered the NFC reader bundle from Best Buy in Canada, though I had to go into the store to do it. The sales associate even told me the reader bundle wasn't available for pre-order but he was dead wrong and very apologetic when he actually checked their sales system. So they should have it, but you might need to be physically in their faces to pre-order.

Hmm, yeah, I was curious about the whole Best Buy Canada vs Best Buy USA availability of the reader bundle. The official HHD site has a link to Best Buy to preorder the bundle, if you choose Canada. Best Buy isn't listed for the bundle if you choose USA.

We'll see how things go. I have a Target near my Best Buy, if worse comes to worse, I can grab the bundle there on Friday.

I have to admit that BestBuy is not handling this release very well at all.

Signage is spotty at best. Multiple locations if they do have the HHD pre-release signage it is in the WiiU section (um,WHY?)

Talking to store employees who always say "Can I help you?" and then you try to explain that you want HHD - most can't find it in their system.

/Rant

Helpful info: I was reading on another website (Reddit) that a Best Buy employee said that all the SKUs are there, but they are kind of hidden in the system. If you want to buy a copy from BestBuy then maybe find the brightest most computer savvy employee to help you and they should find it in their system and you should be able to pre-order.

But it was in their Sunday paper ad this week in the US so I'm guessing they'll know by release day - which is coincidentally the release day of the iPhone 6S...so if you want to be part of that chaos I salute you!

Just checked again, and the HHD + NFC reader bundle is now up for preorder (for store pick-up) on the Best Buy USA site. :)

Back