• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bell Tree Eras - New Update

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Now that we have switched over to the new software, I can finally come up with an updated version of the Bell Tree Eras.
  • Pioneer Era: 12/19/04 - 12/4/05
  • Wild World Era: 12/5/05 - 11/15/08
  • City Folk Era: 11/16/08 - 1/12/11
  • Early vBulletin Era: 1/13/11 - 6/8/13
  • New Leaf Era: 6/9/13 - 6/8/16
  • Repeated Event Era: 6/9/16 - 10/20/18
  • Late vBulletin Era: 10/21/18 - 4/2/20
  • New Horizons Era: 4/3/20 - 3/19/23
  • Stellar Era: 3/20/23 - present
What do you think? Should my list need updating, like name changes, or do you like it. I would also like to know what era you joined TBT at.

Last edited:
This is cool. I joined TBT at some point during the New Leaf era too. Before that, I was on AC Community :') I wonder if that site's still up...

I just realized that it says when you joined to the left of your post :D I was there right at the beginning of the New Leaf era, that's cool. I been 'round here for a long time.

that’s a good list! i joined during the new leaf era aha

Reviving this since a couple years have passed and since the forum has grown a lot. So I have updated the era list.

My latest edition to the Bell Tree Eras is the Stellar Era, which started three years after ACNH came out, and occurred 10 years after ACNL came out. Although there is a tenth era coming up, it won’t happen until this year ends, or at last until after the next Christmas event. That’s because the Bell Tree’s 20th Anniversary would have passed.

Let me know if there’s something I need to change about this era listing.

New Leaf era member here too! Though I definitely poked around as a non member at least an era or two before then!

I joined around the New Horizons era because I haven't discovered a forum like this during the New Leaf days.

I joined in 2015 during the New Leaf era. I wish I had joined sooner and could've had a chance at stuff like the Black Feather, White Feather, Mote of Flame, Ancient Lantern, etc. Alas.

Here’s what got me defining the eras:
  • The first three were part of the Zetaboards Era, and they were defined as when each Animal Crossing game came out.
  • The release of ACNL separated the Early vBulletin Era from the rest of the vBulletin Era. There was also a time during the vBulletin Era when we had the same ten staff members for over two years without new additions or retirements, so I defined the Repeated Event Era as the time the staff list has been the same.
  • As for the last two eras, I pinpointed ACNH’s three-year anniversary as the cut-off between the New Horizons Era and Stellar Era (named after the Space Camp event) since that’s how long ACNL has been out when the Repeated Event Era started.

I was thinking, maybe I should rename the “Repeated Event Era” to the “Retro Nights Era”, referring to the 2016 and 2017 TBT Fairs. Or should I keep it as the “Repeated Event Era”?

Back