Backseat modding

Mooty

•͈ᴗ•
Bells
Has anyone noticed a lot of backseat modding going on here lately? Is it just me?

I have to admit I'm guilty of doing that from time to time. I just can't help myself :3

I just ignore threads that are out of place or on the wrong board. >.> Not really noticed though.

I've received warnings for mini-modding before.. When people do something wrong, I like to tell them how to fix it so they don't get in trouble with the mods..

However it's always me who gets in trouble for doing the mini-modding.. Hence, I've given up giving people advice and I just report them and move on

Yeah, but not as much as back when they looked for mods.
It's probably because they said that they will look for mods soon.

I've done a lot of back seat mini-modding before (harmless though because I'm mainly telling them if they're doing something wrong like continuing an auction when the buy-out has been done), only got an warning once for it because I told someone they posted in the wrong place (never did that again after.) D:

Can't help it :c

Last edited:
While we do understand that you are just trying to help, most of the time the advice given out causes people to make duplicate threads in the correct place. The mini-modding we see all the time is something along the lines of "This belongs in _____" / "You should have posted this here ______ :) "

When you do stuff like that it almost always causes people to correct their mistake while in itself is good, but now, there are two copies of a thread and one has to be deleted because it's now spam. Instead of telling them where their thread belongs, it's so much better to report it because a Mod will move it and let the person know that the thread was moved to the correct place. This saves time, keeps the forum nice and tidy, and no one get's in trouble.

Last edited:
I don't see what's so horribly wrong about it. It should be appreciated that some forum users are generous enough to help out, not frowned upon.

If you want to help someone out by telling them what they did wrong, don't post it on the thread that you are reporting. That thread could be removed anyway and then they won't see it, plus you'll get in trouble for mini-modding. To help out your fellow TBT'ers, just PM them what they did wrong. You won't get in trouble, and you'll still be doing some good. :)

If you are going to PM them that they posted in the wrong place, make sure to inform them that a moderator will move the thread for them so they don't have to make another thread :)

Then you need to report the thread for moving!

On auction threads its just a waste of time if people keep bumping the #censored# out of tem until they get the price they want

If you are going to PM them that they posted in the wrong place, make sure to inform them that a moderator will move the thread for them so they don't have to make another thread :)

Then you need to report the thread for moving!

I doubt that new forum users will find it pleasing when they get spammed with 20 PM's from helpful forum users, telling them what they did wrong.

I doubt that new forum users will find it pleasing when they get spammed with 20 PM's from helpful forum users, telling them what they did wrong.

and i doubt they'd find it pleasing when they get spammed with 20 replies in their thread from helpful forum users telling them that they did it wrong, too.
literally, if i joined a forum and posted in the wrong board i'd much rather get told by a mod that my thread was in the wrong spot than a random member, because it honestly just looks like they're being a try hard.

like is it really that hard not to post and just hit the report button???? the mods know what theyre doing, so leave it to them.

Yeah this. Couldn't they just tell them on the thread and include that they don't need to make a new one because the mods will move it anyway? Really though, I think it might be best to leave the mods to do what they're here for.

Last edited:

Which it true, but everyone could just as easily hit the report button. They will be told, even if it's not by you. If someone has an insatiable need to correct people, you would be so much more helpful if you report it than if you tell them.

Back