• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Ask Neb 2.0!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Bells
Switch
1778-2704-5495
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
With AMA threads making a small comeback, I figured I’d redo my old one. Feel free to ask anything!

Oops I forgot I received questions last December. Sorry for not replying sooner!
Is your name Ben backwards?
I wish lol. My username is short for Nebula, but it’s also conveniently my first name backwards. (that being Ben)
Are you planning to make any New Year's resolutions?
I made a few! So far I’ve followed through on the main two. The first was to take a walk nearly every day. With two exceptions I’ve 2.5 to 5 miles a day since New Years. It’s been great for my mental and physical health!

The other was to read 20 books by the end of the year. At the moment I’ve reached 7 books! With this pace I should be able to make this one too.

Last edited:
What advice would you give someone wanting to move to Oregon?
My number one piece of advice is to be careful with housing prices. The Bend/Redmond and Portland areas can be extremely expensive. If you can find housing for something reasonable make sure to get it quickly. People will definitely take advantage of whatever deals they can find, especially in those two areas.

Number two would be being wary about what kind of weather you can tolerate. Oregon has a wide variety of terrains. The western half is mild, rainy and humid, while the eastern half is dry and varies wildly in temperature. Both have their pros and cons, so I’d suggest doing research on the climates before settling on a place.

Lastly would be take advantage of our lack of sales tax! We’re one of the only states to not have any sort of taxes on purchases. Even if you’re just visiting this can be a huge bonus. Our property taxes can be on the higher side though.

Good luck!

Hi, I noticed that you're active now so I'm gonna ask you a question. I'm not sure if you're going to respond or not but I'll ask anyway... Any thoughts on the superb Kitakami resident who goes by the name of Kieran?

Hi, I noticed that you're active now so I'm gonna ask you a question. I'm not sure if you're going to respond or not but I'll ask anyway... Any thoughts on the superb Kitakami resident who goes by the name of Kieran?
I actually haven’t played the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC yet since I took a long break from Pokemon and I’m just now slowly getting back into it. Looking at his teams I think it’s pretty cool that he used a Grimmsnarl and Hyrapplle! Both of those are really cool.

I decided that if I ever get the chance to move, I'd rather live in Washington than Oregon as that state just seems more interesting to me. But thanks for the previous advice nonetheless.

I decided that if I ever get the chance to move, I'd rather live in Washington than Oregon as that state just seems more interesting to me. But thanks for the previous advice nonetheless.
If I was able to afford it I’d rather move to Washington too. It has almost everything Oregon has (other than the painted hills and public beaches everywhere), but there’s more to do there. To be honest I probably won’t be in the Pacific Northwest for more than a few years since none of the places I want to live at here are places I could reasonably afford.

Back