• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

They can indeed ask for other fruits that isn't growing in your town. In my first town they did that and also mentioned 'This doesn't grow here in town, but I hope you can find one anyway'. About Durians and Bananas in particular I don't know. I think it's mostly the most common; apple, cherry, peach, orange, pears that they ask for.

I've also never had my villagers ask for any island fruit or persimmons. I think the game just wants you to visit other players' towns. :)

Hey there. First post, and it's a question? I'm a little embarrassed...

Has anyone been able to achieve Perfect Town status with the Garbage Can PWP built? I know I can add a trash can at home for garbage, but I'd love to add a Garbage Can near Re-Tail for aesthetic/narrative--not all trash is re-cyclable, and having a space for trash-collecting right by the recycling center, to me, portrays a clean town.

Bahahaha... it's a little silly, I know.

Last edited:
Hey there. First post, and it's a question? I'm a little embarrassed...

Has anyone been able to achieve Perfect Town status with the Garbage Can PWP built? I know I can add a trash can at home for garbage, but I'd love to add a Garbage Can near Re-Tail for aesthetic/narrative--not all trash is re-cyclable, and having a space for trash-collecting right by the recycling center, to me, portrays a clean town.

Bahahaha... it's a little silly, I know.

I don't know about the trash can, but I have gotten perfect town status with a couple negative PWPs: the illuminated heart and the tower. I only had one at a time, though.

I imagine with enough positive PWPs/flowers/trees the garbage can won't matter. According to this: http://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/How_to_Get_a_Perfect_Town_Rating; The garbage can will count against your Nature and Living aspects of the perfect town.

I always just wait until someone is either in boxes or just moved in. Then I TT back from there. I've never lost someone this way.

How can you time travel back safely without losing villagers?

TTing backwards only counts as a day forward, so you should be able to do it without losing anyone. Still, I probably wouldn't do it if no one has asked to move in a while.

Last edited:
How do I know what my native fruit is? I've had my town for so long and there was a period of time where I stopped playing for like 8 months. In other words, I have forgotten which fruit is my native fruit (and I have all of them).

How do I know what my native fruit is? I've had my town for so long and there was a period of time where I stopped playing for like 8 months. In other words, I have forgotten which fruit is my native fruit (and I have all of them).

there might be an easier way, but one i can think of is selling each of them and seeing which one goes for the lowest price. your native fruit should only go for about 100 bells each, and the foreign ones are 500 each i believe. or if you have perfect fruit, plant one of each kind and see which one actually bears a perfect fruit tree. that one's more time consuming though haha.

there might be an easier way, but one i can think of is selling each of them and seeing which one goes for the lowest price. your native fruit should only go for about 100 bells each, and the foreign ones are 500 each i believe. or if you have perfect fruit, plant one of each kind and see which one actually bears a perfect fruit tree. that one's more time consuming though haha.

Thanks, I'll do the selling one. =)

does everyone start out with the same 5 villager types? i know you can't start out with smugs or uchis, but can you start out with jocks?

does everyone start out with the same 5 villager types? i know you can't start out with smugs or uchis, but can you start out with jocks?

Yes you can start out with a jock, I think the starting villagers are kinda randomly selected (I?m not sure about how it is with doubles of the same villager type).
The smugs and uchis are the only exception, as you already know.:)

I don't think so. I am not sure on Jock specifically, but with the town I have now, I didn't start out with a peppy.

Last edited:
I think that the only types of villagers you can start with are a jock, a cranky, a lazy, a snooty, a peppy and a normal, and you'll always have one of them missing at the beginning, since you start only on five villagers.

I think that the only types of villagers you can start with are a jock, a cranky, a lazy, a snooty, a peppy and a normal, and you'll always have one of them missing at the beginning, since you start only on five villagers.

Of course! You are so right! Since there are 6 original personalities :)

Last edited:
I have a very particular question about time travel.

I opened up my old DS today and went on ACNL. Lucky for me, my favorite villagers never left! One of them wants to move and I suggested that she move, however, I'm impatient and want her to move into my new town but she's not in boxes yet and I haven't spoken to her about moving to my new town.

If I time travel one day at a time to get her in boxes, will I run the risk of her moving out without even packing?

I have a very particular question about time travel.

I opened up my old DS today and went on ACNL. Lucky for me, my favorite villagers never left! One of them wants to move and I suggested that she move, however, I'm impatient and want her to move into my new town but she's not in boxes yet and I haven't spoken to her about moving to my new town.

If I time travel one day at a time to get her in boxes, will I run the risk of her moving out without even packing?

Nope. If you TT one day at a time and catch when she's in boxes, you'll be fine. It's typically when you TT pass the moving date that's the issue :) But by doing it one day at a time, you're practically guaranteed not to miss it, unless you're REALLY trying to not pay attention.

Nope. If you TT one day at a time and catch when she's in boxes, you'll be fine. It's typically when you TT pass the moving date that's the issue :) But by doing it one day at a time, you're practically guaranteed not to miss it, unless you're REALLY trying to not pay attention.

Yayy! Thank you!
I'm going to slowly TT until shes in boxes xD

If you adopt a villager into your town, do they ever stop reminiscing about their old home? For example, singing their old town tune?

Okay, so Quillson was supposed to move out but he decided that we are not good enough friends so he should stay (what even?).

I am considering TTing using the following strategy:
  • TT 2 days forward & save
  • TT 2 days backwards and see who is leaving
  • Repeat process of its not Quillson

I just want to double check that nothing will mess up.
I've got the Beautiful Town ordinance on and no turnips. I will be checking every villager to ensure the ones I want to stay will not leave.

Is there anything else I will need to consider?

Back