Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

i have a question. I know that if you sell your town, you can get the PwP you had before you reset. Does that apply to things like the Cafe even if you already built the cafe?

Coco stopped me and asked for an apple , After I gave her the apple she gave me a lantern in exchange.
My Q is : is the lantern a piece of furniture that was in her home or is it a junk item ? I really don't want to mess up my villagers houses. :(

Last edited:
Coco stopped me and asked for an apple , After I gave her the apple she gave me a lantern in exchange.
My Q is : is the lantern a piece of furniture that was in her home or is it a junk item ? I really don't want to mess up my villagers houses. :(

Everything villagers sell or give you outside of Re-Tail is usually junk. They sell their house items in Re-Tail. But to me, junk furniture is literally junk furniture.

Last edited:
I'm being bit by the resetting bug.

My only question is, if I sell my town, do I only get to choose from the first four maps, or can I continuously keep resetting for different ones?

I'm being bit by the resetting bug.

My only question is, if I sell my town, do I only get to choose from the first four maps, or can I continuously keep resetting for different ones?

Yes, you can map reset like normal as long as you never save at any point. This means you can shut it off if you don't like any of the maps Rover offers or if you do choose a map, explore it, and decide you don't like it. Though, you'll have to go through the dialogue of selling your town each time.

Couple of noob questions.....

1) I've recently bought a new 2DS XL and after two years of not playing AC have continued my save from where I left off, is there anyway of telling how long overall I've been playing for as I'm curious how close I am to my tree being at full growth.

2) When I used to sit at my tree it would show me the history of my Village but now it doesn't ? Is there any reason for this ?

Thanks guys

Yes, you can map reset like normal as long as you never save at any point. This means you can shut it off if you don't like any of the maps Rover offers or if you do choose a map, explore it, and decide you don't like it. Though, you'll have to go through the dialogue of selling your town each time.

Thank you! I was so worried about this.

Can I place PWPs on the beach? From my knowledge, you can't, but I'm not sure if that changed with the update. Thanks!

I just missed about 3 days of gameplay, is it safe to turn on Animal Crossing and no one would've moved out? Or should I TT to the last day i played? How many days of not playing does it take for a villager to move?

I just missed about 3 days of gameplay, is it safe to turn on Animal Crossing and no one would've moved out? Or should I TT to the last day i played? How many days of not playing does it take for a villager to move?

Depends on the last time a villager tried to move out. Villagers now take 10 days to move out, so if the last time a villager tried to move out was a week or more before the last time you played, at least start the game with a new character to check out your town before loading one of your existing characters. If you had a villager try to move out more recently than that, you should be fine.

Villagers won't move out randomly when you don't play for a few days, they still take 10 days to move out from when they decide to do so.

I have two questions. Okay I'm not planning on building my campsite for a while because two villagers are in the spot where I'm planning on putting my camping area. I know that after 9 villagers have moved in, no more villagers will move in unless they are added from the campsite or invited from another town.

I have two questions
One, will villagers move out even if you don't have 10 villagers in town?
Two: if a villager moves out when I have 9 villagers, let's say Fang moves, will another villager move in randomly so I will be back at 9 even without inviting someone to town?

I have two questions. Okay I'm not planning on building my campsite for a while because two villagers are in the spot where I'm planning on putting my camping area. I know that after 9 villagers have moved in, no more villagers will move in unless they are added from the campsite or invited from another town.

I have two questions
One, will villagers move out even if you don't have 10 villagers in town?
Two: if a villager moves out when I have 9 villagers, let's say Fang moves, will another villager move in randomly so I will be back at 9 even without inviting someone to town?

Villagers will indeed ask to move out when 9 are in town, and once you have eight this way, another random villager will move in - although the timing of this next move is rather unpredictable.

Also, if the villager you move out was the only villager you had of its personality, the move-in will probably be one of the same personality as that.

Last edited:
Villagers will indeed ask to move out when 9 are in town, and once you have eight this way, another random villager will move in - although the timing of this next move is rather unpredictable.

Also, if the villager you move out was the only villager you had of its personality, the move-in will probably be one of the same personality as that.

I just want to point out that, in my experience, the latter is false. If you are lacking in a personality the game will give it to you, but the next organic move-in will never be the same personality as the last villager to move out.

My question is, when I was testing some spots, I was able to place a house 2 blocks from the plaza on the right. Will I be able to place my police station that close? I mismapped and originally though it'd be 3 blocks away. And I can't test it because someone moved in too close before I was able to put patterns down.

Last edited:
@Lanstar: Okay thank you for answering quickly, Just wanted to be sure just wanted to make sure nothing is going to get thrown off or messed up because I will only have 9 villagers in my town for a while.

I have a question I'm sorry if already been answered I'm on my phone so I can't text search the front page.

i'm into clothing design. when I make a ProDesign I have the option to make dresses, shirts, and hats.
my question is how can I design pro designs for skirts? is it unlocked eventually ?

I have a question I'm sorry if already been answered I'm on my phone so I can't text search the front page.

i'm into clothing design. when I make a ProDesign I have the option to make dresses, shirts, and hats.
my question is how can I design pro designs for skirts? is it unlocked eventually ?
I do not believe you can do that.

Back