Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Does anyone know if there's furniture in game that you can customize with letters on it?
Aside from custom patterns because hell if I have space for those LOL.
I want to spell out a name in one of my rooms ;w;

The only non-custom pattern way I could think of is using the letter tees or something, but there aren't that many letter shirts. Have you tried looking through customnewleaf.tumblr.com? It's put up all the custom projects.

Thank you, Apollo broke the streak of no requests today (with an ugly PWP, but still, yay!).

The luck of the detective is with you. >nods sagely

Congratulations! And I hope things continue to go well!

It's truly only luck. You're doing things right, your villagers are just jerks. Keep trying!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Baker's has been up for an entire school year without updating, so I'd say you can go a few months without worrying.

Thank you! I think it's almost been about a year since I've last updated the DA but I'll probably be playing in my other town soon so I'll update then. :)

Does anyone know if there's a limit on how many points you can earn per day for the resident approval rating that you have to earn towards the beginning of the game? I started yesterday and could only get 59 points even when I did another favor for a villager. :/

Thank you! I think it's almost been about a year since I've last updated the DA but I'll probably be playing in my other town soon so I'll update then. :)

Does anyone know if there's a limit on how many points you can earn per day for the resident approval rating that you have to earn towards the beginning of the game? I started yesterday and could only get 59 points even when I did another favor for a villager. :/

Some of the favour-earning activities only earn points once per day, or once at all (such as donating to the museum). This is a list of everything you can do for it, courtesy of thonky:

Change the town tune = 3 points (one time only)
Put something up for sale at Re-tail = 3 points (one time only)
Change the town flag = 3 points (one time only)
Post something on the bulletin board next to the station = 3 points (one time only)
Donate a fish, bug, fossil, or artwork to the museum = 3 points (one time only)
Pull weeds = 1 point each
Water flowers = 1 point per day
Remove trash from the water by fishing = 1 point each
Introduce yourself to all of your villagers = 1 point each
Send a letter = 1 point each
Play each day = up to 3 points each day

Playing each day is gonna be one of your big earners, although I guess you could just send 41 letters in the space of the day if you were really determined. It'd be so tedious though.

I just started my second town. Is it possible to recruit villagers from other towns while there are only 5 villagers in my town? Or do I have to wait until I have 9 villagers? I hope you understand what I mean. Thanks!

I just started my second town. Is it possible to recruit villagers from other towns while there are only 5 villagers in my town? Or do I have to wait until I have 9 villagers? I hope you understand what I mean. Thanks!

In a new town, adopted villagers can be overridden by the random move-ins, so I'd wait if I were you. ^^

(also commendations for having Freya as a permanent too)

How many things can you have on your ground and still maintain perfect town status? This morning I discovered a Jacob's ladder despite having 3 fossils, a megaphone, letter paper, 2 ice shaving machines, and a wet suit laying out on the ground. Does this not count against perfect town status, or can I have like, less than 10 items on the ground and it still be considered perfect?

How many things can you have on your ground and still maintain perfect town status? This morning I discovered a Jacob's ladder despite having 3 fossils, a megaphone, letter paper, 2 ice shaving machines, and a wet suit laying out on the ground. Does this not count against perfect town status, or can I have like, less than 10 items on the ground and it still be considered perfect?

Yes, less than 10 and you should be okay.

Okay, so I haven't played New Leaf since the end of May, and I'm thinking of starting again. I have the Beautiful Town Ordinance, so my flowers shouldn't be a problem, but what negative things should I expect? (In relation to villagers moving out, ruined relationships, things like that.)

Okay, so I haven't played New Leaf since the end of May, and I'm thinking of starting again. I have the Beautiful Town Ordinance, so my flowers shouldn't be a problem, but what negative things should I expect? (In relation to villagers moving out, ruined relationships, things like that.)

Like one or two weeds and clovers :) That is pretty much all I had when I started playing after a 3 month break

Villagers will not be on speaking terms with you yet; you'll have to talk to everyone to generate pings for moving/PWPs/whatever, and you may have lost one depending on how you stopped playing. If you left on a day where you denied a request for moving, you should be fine.

Villagers will not be on speaking terms with you yet; you'll have to talk to everyone to generate pings for moving/PWPs/whatever, and you may have lost one depending on how you stopped playing. If you left on a day where you denied a request for moving, you should be fine.

Just wanted to point out that you're easily one of the most helpful people in this thread and even though I don't have lots of things that I ask in the thread, you helping so many people out is very much appreciated and I think you deserve to be thanked by someone for that.

The town I'm playing in right now is on the cartridge I keep in my main DS that houses my downloaded main town. Can I take that cartridge and put it in my 2nd DS so I can visit my main town without messing anything up?

The town I'm playing in right now is on the cartridge I keep in my main DS that houses my downloaded main town. Can I take that cartridge and put it in my 2nd DS so I can visit my main town without messing anything up?

Yes you can. Just make sure that the time is correct when Isabelle is starting you up, and you should be fine.

Just wanted to point out that you're easily one of the most helpful people in this thread and even though I don't have lots of things that I ask in the thread, you helping so many people out is very much appreciated and I think you deserve to be thanked by someone for that.

Aw, thank you! >blushes profusely

Now is the moment where I break the illusion and say, "it's all for the BTB", haha. But no, really I just enjoy being helpful. It's the best way for me to contribute to the community~ I can't make nice things, or do a lot of giveaways, but I can help out a bit here~

Yes you can. Just make sure that the time is correct when Isabelle is starting you up, and you should be fine.

Ah cool thank you! That just made my night so much easier. I've got almost a full catalog on my main town and want to cat a bunch of stuff for my new town but wasn't sure if I'd be able to. Awesome :)

If I invite a villager to move in, and I haven't loaded the day they are going to plot, am I safe to tt backwards or will the villager still move in?

If I invite a villager to move in, and I haven't loaded the day they are going to plot, am I safe to tt backwards or will the villager still move in?

The villager will still absolutely move in if you TT backwards.
A TT backwards counts as +1 day forward for villager moving.
Best TT forwards on the 3ds and start a new char to plot their house first, then do any other TTing you need to do after.

My game gets a little bit of lag sometimes when i run through my town. i think this has only been happening recently. i've built a lot of pwps and hav bushes and trees and flowers everywhere! just wondering if it's possible to overload the game with stuff so much it lags?

Back